What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I posted a thread on this a while back:
Pros/Cons of enabling IPv6

In the end, I've enabled it a couple times, but usually end up disabling it because I find it easier to keep track of IPv4 addresses in my head, and I don't think Diversion and Skynet stats deal with IPv6 addresses nicely (I've never left it enabled long enough to test that theory).

You were right, it was a nightmare for me. Since I use a VPN Client in Merlin all the time, Unbound and IPv6 (ExpressVPN doesn't support it) didn't workout very well. When I had Unbound on and the VPN on I couldn't open many many web pages. And with IPv6, Unbound, and the VPN running Diversion broke and Ads returned.

Hi,
is it normal that each time I have to restart my AC68U (because SMB file server collapses almost every day), I have to manually log in to Diversion and start it?
Shouldn't it launch automatically?
Thank you.

Hi,
is it normal that each time I have to restart my AC68U (because SMB file server collapses almost every day), I have to manually log in to Diversion and start it?
Shouldn't it launch automatically?
Thank you.
It should start automatically if your USB stick is mounted cleanly on a reboot. Look for messages in the router System Log about usb or post-mount or dnsmasq or Diversion.

It should start automatically if your USB stick is mounted cleanly on a reboot. Look for messages in the router System Log about usb or post-mount or dnsmasq or Diversion.
I think it is mounted, because I can access SMB shared files on the USB stick (as long as the file server doesn't crash), but I will check the log. Thanks.

This is what I have found to be related. The date is wrong, the router was just restarted.

May 5 07:05:31 kernel: EXT2-fs (sda2): warning: mounting unchecked fs, running e2fsck is recommended
May 5 07:05:31 hotplug[809]: USB ext2 fs at /dev/sda2 mounted on /tmp/mnt/AC68U_EXT2
May 5 07:05:31 usb: USB ext2 fs at /dev/sda2 mounted on /tmp/mnt/AC68U_EXT2

Sounds like there might be an issue with the usb stick. Have you tried using the disk check script available in amtm?

Sounds like there might be an issue with the usb stick. Have you tried using the disk check script available in amtm?
I don't know about that, but I tried the health scanner in GUI. However the SMB file server with thousands of files works and is accessible automatically after restart. (Until it begins collapsing with not enough memory errors)

On my AX88 running 384.15beta pixelserver won't start, not even after removing/re-installing it (i.e. Diversion standard). From the system log:

Feb 7 09:35:08 Diversion: created br0:pixelserv-tls 192.168.1.2, from /opt/etc/init.d/S80pixelserv-tls
Feb 7 09:35:08 pixelserv-tls[309]: pixelserv-tls 2.3.1 (compiled: Jan 31 2020 13:27:14 flags: tfo tls1_3) options: 192.168.1.2
Feb 7 09:35:08 : Failed to start pixelserv-tls (Diversion) from /opt/bin/diversion (which is an executable)

Restarting pixelserv-tls doesn't change the situation. I'm running Samba (from the GUI), Diversion v4.1.8, Skynet v7.0.9 (with the GUI-plugin) and uiDivStats v1.3.0

I've checked and pixelserver-tls is available in /opt/bin with flags -rwxr-xr-x. Anybody else seen this problem and (more important perhaps) does anyone know how to fix it?

On my AX88 running 384.15beta pixelserver won't start, not even after removing/re-installing it (i.e. Diversion standard). From the system log:

Feb 7 09:35:08 Diversion: created br0:pixelserv-tls 192.168.1.2, from /opt/etc/init.d/S80pixelserv-tls
Feb 7 09:35:08 pixelserv-tls[309]: pixelserv-tls 2.3.1 (compiled: Jan 31 2020 13:27:14 flags: tfo tls1_3) options: 192.168.1.2
Feb 7 09:35:08 : Failed to start pixelserv-tls (Diversion) from /opt/bin/diversion (which is an executable)

Restarting pixelserv-tls doesn't change the situation. I'm running Samba (from the GUI), Diversion v4.1.8, Skynet v7.0.9 (with the GUI-plugin) and uiDivStats v1.3.0

I've checked and pixelserver-tls is available in /opt/bin with flags -rwxr-xr-x. Anybody else seen this problem and (more important perhaps) does anyone know how to fix it?
Is your router LAN IP really 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.50.1?

Last edited:
@Rik Stigter when you reinstalled Diversion, did you use a backup? If you did, try a completely fresh install instead.

I wonder if you somehow have the wrong version of pixelsrv-tls for the architecture of your CPU. Have you tried running pixelsrv-tls from the command line?

I wonder if you somehow have the wrong version of pixelsrv-tls for the architecture of your CPU. Have you tried running pixelsrv-tls from the command line?

Good idea I hadn't thought of. But to make matters more complicated: my router was experiencing so many problems that I decided the only way forward was a complete M&M re-config. So now I cannot try this one out.

As I have described elsewhere ( f.e. the 384.15beta thread) I had recurring DNS (Google unreachable, everything else OK) and WAN disconnection problems, strange OpenVPN behavior (change any setting and the WAN went down), a missing diversion from the amtm menu (even after re-install) and so on. So for now I'm back at 384.14 without amtm, diversion or skynet, just to see whether these problems are now gone. That was quite a lot of work because I didn't want to restore any settings (and I have a lot of IoT stuff running here which requires 'fixed' IP-addresses, sigh) as that would go against the grain of M&M.

If the problems recur I'll be back with more questions, I suppose... :confused:

I am runing pixelsrv-tls on 192.168.5.2
when I am go to hotspotshield.. chrome said it is
Your connection is not private
so I do a ping and get this..

C:\Users\EEEEE>ping www.hotspotshield.com

Pinging www.hotspotshield.com [192.168.5.2] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.5.2: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.5.2:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

is it because of this specific website ?

Last edited:
Is your router LAN IP really 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.50.1?

It really is 192.168.1.1. But I've decided to do an M&M setup, because the problems grow so much that the router is unusable. See below.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I am runing pixelsrv-tls on 192.168.5.2
when I am go to hotspotshield.. chrome said it is
Your connection is not private
so I do a ping and get this..

C:\Users\EEEEE>ping www.hotspotshield.com

Pinging www.hotspotshield.com [192.168.5.2] with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 192.168.5.2:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

is it because of this specific website ?
You probably have not imported the Pixelserv CA cert on your device running chrome. Browse to http://192.168.5.2/ca.crt and install the cert to trust the Pixelserv-generated certs. See https://github.com/kvic-z/pixelserv...ificate#import-pixelserv-ca-on-client-devices

If you want to visit this website, then whitelist it in Diversion, since it’s blocked by the Steven Black hosts list.

That was quite a lot of work because I didn't want to restore any settings (and I have a lot of IoT stuff running here which requires 'fixed' IP-addresses, sigh) as that would go against the grain of M&M.

If the problems recur I'll be back with more questions, I suppose... :confused:
There is a dhcp_static_list utility here that only saves and restores those static devices, nothing more.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/dhcp_staticlist-and-dhcp_hostnames-utility.58957/

Pinging @L&LD - can that utility be used after an M&M config or Nuclear Reset and not violate the idea of not restoring setting to keep from reintroducing errors?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!