What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'll brave it and say count me in too. I figured out it was in d but it'd be nicer to have it on the main menu.
+1 While I get the point of keeping things tidy/uncluttered, and I personally have no problem finding the update function under "d", I strongly suspect new users would find this easier if it was directly on the first/top-level menu structure. Just my two cents....

Reactions: a5m
How bad does Diversion break websites? Because uBlock Origin occasionally does and it also needs custom whitelists to not block cashback sites.

Diversion 4.1.9 is now available

What's new in Diversion 4.1.9
- Auto-correct feature added when menu el <list> is opened and no whitelist, blacklist or wildcard-blacklist is found.
- When restoring Diversion from backup, Entware package zip is installed when configured in backup settings.
- Correctly finds domain(s) when "Find domain in hosts file(s)" is run in b, thanks @dave14305 for the perl regex hint.
- Does not double blocked domain count when IPv6 is enabled.
- Fixes related to IPv6 auto-conversion.
- Moves Diversion specific /jffs/scripts/ files to /jffs/addons/diversion/
- Verbose logging to Syslog in mount-entware.div (renamed post-mount.div) when mounting device(s), reporting reasons if failed.
- New command uu to force update Diversion.
- Renames "entware*" folder to "entware" if found in mount-entware.div.
- Removes option in ep to update pixelserv-tls to v2.3.1 for non Mipsel routers, package is now available through Entware.
- Now shows (Entware) USB device info in header.
- Adds year to the local backup file name.
- Removed colors in Diversion update notification email.

How to update
Use u to update to this latest version.

rYgCPhT.png
Here to report fully working even with ESNI. Awesome job @thelonelycoder

upload_2020-2-10_0-37-58.png

upload_2020-2-10_0-39-20.png

Last edited:
Question about the swap file.
My current size of the swap file is 1.0G and I want to make it larger.
What is the best way to do this.
Removing the file using 'sw' doesn't work.

Not sure if this is supposed to go here or whether I should create a new thread, but I have been having problems with tracking my daughter's Android mobile when she's out of school with her friends. I discovered some settings on her phone yesterday eveining regarding tracking, but I've also discovered that the tracking doesn't work if Diversion ad blocking is switched on. Neither Bitdefender Internet Security nor Kaspersky Safe Kids will send back location information when ad blocking is on, but they both work when ad blocking is off. Is there a way I could troubleshoot this issue?

Not sure if this is supposed to go here or whether I should create a new thread, but I have been having problems with tracking my daughter's Android mobile when she's out of school with her friends. I discovered some settings on her phone yesterday eveining regarding tracking, but I've also discovered that the tracking doesn't work if Diversion ad blocking is switched on. Neither Bitdefender Internet Security nor Kaspersky Safe Kids will send back location information when ad blocking is on, but they both work when ad blocking is off. Is there a way I could troubleshoot this issue?
Follow the blocked sites within Diversion, and then whitelist sites as necessary.

Question for a new user. I've updated my 86U with the latest 384.15 firmware and brought up amtm to load diversion. The first option is Diversion install. Does this install Diversion standard or do I need to install other scripts to try this out? I have not loaded any scripts on my 86U to date.

Question for a new user. I've updated my 86U with the latest 384.15 firmware and brought up amtm to load diversion. The first option is Diversion install. Does this install Diversion standard or do I need to install other scripts to try this out? I have not loaded any scripts on my 86U to date.

amtm Step-by-Step https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-step-by-step-install-guide-l-ld.56237/#post-483421

Follow the link above to get amtm and your USB drive properly prepared.

When installing Diversion, you will get an option for Lite or Standard and you can switch between them afterward (I would install Standard).

amtm Step-by-Step https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-step-by-step-install-guide-l-ld.56237/#post-483421

Follow the link above to get amtm and your USB drive properly prepared.

When installing Diversion, you will get an option for Lite or Standard and you can switch between them afterward (I would install Standard).

Thanks. I did in fact use your install guide. I was unaware of the option to select the version. Appreciate the info and great guide you provided.

With 14_2, I just added Diversion in addition to the other scripts that I'm running (see footer). While it seems to work, and the stats seem to say that it is blocking some number of ads/pages, I find that the response on webpages had slowed down. Maybe its because those pages have lots of ads that need to be checked and blocked if necessary, but is there anything else in my configuration that could be causing the slowdowns? I'm thinking of interactions between Skynet, X3mRouting, internal stubby, or any of the others? Is there a way to do an A/B speed comparison of version configs? Ie, how could I take snapshot of the speed (or whatever) for accessing a website as a baseline, then start disabling various scripts to see the effect on the time to load that page?

With 14_2, I just added Diversion in addition to the other scripts that I'm running (see footer). While it seems to work, and the stats seem to say that it is blocking some number of ads/pages, I find that the response on webpages had slowed down. Maybe its because those pages have lots of ads that need to be checked and blocked if necessary, but is there anything else in my configuration that could be causing the slowdowns? I'm thinking of interactions between Skynet, X3mRouting, internal stubby, or any of the others? Is there a way to do an A/B speed comparison of version configs? Ie, how could I take snapshot of the speed (or whatever) for accessing a website as a baseline, then start disabling various scripts to see the effect on the time to load that page?
Did you add the Pixelserv CA cert to your device? It's the best way to eliminate potential problems (see the import steps, you already have the CA created by Diversion):
https://github.com/kvic-z/pixelserv...ificate#import-pixelserv-ca-on-client-devices

Hello @thelonelycoder

Diversion is pretty good on what it does. Previously I did a small donation contribution, but now I'm looking for a different kind of contribution.
The alternate blocking list is a pretty good concept but it falls a little short of completely fulfilling my use case.
In addition to the use of a more comprehensive block list for my kids devices I want to be able to blacklist specific sites just for the alternate blocking list.
On vanilla Diversion I can either blacklist a domain for all devices or to none.
To workaround that I created a blacklist2 file and did changes to Diversion to use it (I'm glad you released it as GPL).
I also identified on Diversion the changed needed to implement an alternate blacklist to use with the alternate blocking list.
What I did not find what a GitHub repo to submit a PR, so you could evaluate if worth integrating to Diversion or not (I did find amtm's repo on GitHub).
If you interested in seeing it let me know.

Seems there is no interest in implement this...

If anyone is interested in using this unsupported "feature", here are the steps

• Make a copy of the blacklist file (/opt/share/diversion/list/blacklist)
  • Manually add domains you intend to block to copy of the blacklist
  • Edit the file /opt/share/diversion/file/alternate-bf.div
  • Locate the line containing: echo "addn-hosts=${DIVERSION_DIR}/list/blacklist"
  • Change the file name from blacklist to the name you chose on 2nd step
  • Save
  • Open diversion
  • If alternate blocking list is enable then disable it
  • Enable alternate blocking list

Notes:
  • Any new domains have to manually added to the copy of the blacklist
  • Every time you upgrade diversion you need to make those changes (well, even the changes you need may change)
  • If you break diversion files uninstall and reinstall it

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!