What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Same issue with RT-86u. Couple of hours runs stable then CPU gets maxed and DNS query stops responding. Reboot fixes it but same happens again in a couple of hours. I also used the large block list initially but tried normal one as well. Router ui and ssh both become non responsive so hard to see what causes the issue. Initially though it was the alpha build of 316 firmware but downgrade to 315 still had same issues. Tried factory reset and erase of jffs as well as fresh install of scripts on new usb drive but still had the issue.

Hello, I have a problem with Large+ blocklist on RT-AC3200. From time to time my router freezes and hits 100% of CPU Usage. Any idea why?
HgLoZCm.png

Hello, I have a problem with Large+ blocklist on RT-AC3200. From time to time my router freezes and hits 100% of CPU Usage. Any idea why?
HgLoZCm.png
Same issue with RT-86u. Couple of hours runs stable then CPU gets maxed and DNS query stops responding. Reboot fixes it but same happens again in a couple of hours. I also used the large block list initially but tried normal one as well. Router ui and ssh both become non responsive so hard to see what causes the issue. Initially though it was the alpha build of 316 firmware but downgrade to 315 still had same issues. Tried factory reset and erase of jffs as well as fresh install of scripts on new usb drive but still had the issue.

Quoting myself from an earlier post because I had this same issue on an RT-AC86U and doing the following fixed it for me:

Don't know if this applies to your situation but I had the same thing happen to my RT-AC86U after installing amtm, entware, Skynet and Diversion Standard, in that order. I had to reboot it twice without changing anything and it seemed like the changes finally 'stuck'. Now it runs below 10%, mostly under 5%.

I don't know if this had anything to do with it but before the second reboot I entered the Diversion Menu and was prompted to enable additional hosts files, so I did and the blocking list changed to Standard +. I did that and rebooted and everything went back to normal. Worth giving it a try.

CPU gets maxed and DNS query stops responding
Just had something like this happen today, looking at htop showed four instances of the diversion mount process taking over the cpu. Tried killing it, but it respawned. Tried restarting Diversion, Skynet, tried to reboot via the gui 2x but I don't think it rebooted so I did a power cycle which fixed it. Was about to just install the boring 384.16 alpha Merlin is running for kicks, but I'm back at stable. Running the standard list. Not helpful for troubleshooting I know but that's all I got.

does diversion set the router to Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS ? I could have swore i had this disabled and once installed diversion it turned it on? I saw something about it in side the install process.

Also after setting up local backup, the new cron looks like this
Code:
10 3 * * Wed [ "$(date +%d)" -le "07" ] && sh /opt/share/diversion/file/backup.div local #Diversion_LocalBackup#
is this normal I cannot recall the [ "$(date +%d)" -le "07" ] being in the cron?

does diversion set the router to Forward local domain queries to upstream DNS ? I could have swore i had this disabled and once installed diversion it turned it on? I saw something about it in side the install process.

Not for me.

It will disable it if enabled only.

Quoting myself from an earlier post because I had this same issue on an RT-AC86U and doing the following fixed it for me:

Tried reinstalling Diversion and same happened again even after applying the fix. For some reason just become unstable. Not sure if it's a combination of using with Skynet and diversionui but had to revert back to using pihole for stability of the network.

1.jpg

I'm trying to use the large + blocking list and I get http error. It just freezes on the screen and I have to control-c out of diversion attempting (but freezing) to update the list. I tried a regular list and addind the https://hosts.oisd.nl/ myself but get the same results. The screen just freezes. I'll attach a screen shot.

P.S. I can reach the blocking list site via the firefox web browser just fine.

View attachment 21813

I'm trying to use the large + blocking list and I get http error. It just freezes on the screen and I have to control-c out of diversion attempting (but freezing) to update the list. I tried a regular list and addind the https://hosts.oisd.nl/ myself but get the same results. The screen just freezes. I'll attach a screen shot.

P.S. I can reach the blocking list site via the firefox web browser just fine.
You might be blocked for accessing that site too many times, the server is overloaded or some other error.

Best of both worlds: keeping in touch with this wonderful community whilst being in some exotic location. You could send us a photo and see if we guess the location.
I'm somewhere in a lonely area.

The website is either a mess or its missing a lot of information.

1. A basic step by step guide how to install it.
2. amtm. There is not instructions on how to use it or how to get to it, how to access it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!