What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

View attachment 21813

I'm trying to use the large + blocking list and I get http error. It just freezes on the screen and I have to control-c out of diversion attempting (but freezing) to update the list. I tried a regular list and addind the https://hosts.oisd.nl/ myself but get the same results. The screen just freezes. I'll attach a screen shot.

P.S. I can reach the blocking list site via the firefox web browser just fine.

Try now, let me know if it works.

I'm using the large blocking file and it updated early this morning. Is it just me or did anyone else notice the number of blocked domains went from about 1.05 million to 1.45 million?

I'm using the large blocking file and it updated early this morning. Is it just me or did anyone else notice the number of blocked domains went from about 1.05 million to 1.45 million?
I've re-added some previously excluded blocklists. Thus a lot of domains were added.
Those added domains contain NXDOMAIN and SERVFAIL domains, which will be gradually cleared out in the coming days.

@KGB7 maybe this is a slightly outdated but better guide for you (but too late for now)?

From my link in the signature below.

amtm Step-by-Step https://www.snbforums.com/threads/amtm-step-by-step-install-guide-l-ld.56237/#post-483421

Great guide. Thank you.

But yes, I figured it out as well how to install amtm after I installed Diversion.

The Diversion website it self needs more steps. Additional guide, I earlier found on another website.

Thanks again.

edit for typos.

Last edited:
I setup a 6in4 tunnel just to test it, and with diversion enabled (pixelserv-tls?) I cannot access internet.
As soon as I turn of diversion, I have internet again.
Is there a workaround? Or am I doing something wrong?

I setup a 6in4 tunnel just to test it, and with diversion enabled (pixelserv-tls?) I cannot access internet.
As soon as I turn of diversion, I have internet again.
Is there a workaround? Or am I doing something wrong?
what do your 6in4 settings look like? also have you tried running your DNSfilter set to Router? and if so have you tried turning it off and testing?

*Edit*
The reason why I ask about DNSfilter is because it can sometimes act up when different variations of IPV6 settings are used, if you have it turned on, try testing with it turned off. If you have it turned off try testing with it on and see what happens as well.

Last edited:
what do your 6in4 settings look like? also have you tried running your DNSfilter set to Router? and if so have you tried turning it off and testing?

*Edit*
The reason why I ask about DNSfilter is because it can sometimes act up when different variations of IPV6 settings are used, if you have it turned on, try testing with it turned off. If you have it turned off try testing with it on and see what happens as well.
On the first time i thought it was DNSFilter problem.
I disabled it, and the same result.
I have it enabled right now, but diversion disabled (pixelserv-tls) and voila, everything working.

On the first time i thought it was DNSFilter problem.
I disabled it, and the same result.
I have it enabled right now, but diversion disabled (pixelserv-tls) and voila, everything working.
Best wishes to you, for those of us who hang on the side of native-ipv6 only suffer from ISP dilemma, and whether to choose stateless or stateful. I hope you manage to get it stable, if you have persisting issues try running reinstall for diversion, see if it mends anything that may be broken between setting changes.

Hmmm. My default desktop & mobile browser is Brave, with DDG set as my search engine on both. As I’m usually on my wifi with Diversion’s protection, I feel relatively secure within these few layered bubbles of apparent protection, but I wonder what from these lists gets triggered/blocked and where. How close to me/my devices can things penetrate, and how do I push them further away? (Yes, I’m using DNS over TLS and pixelserv, but I’ve been toying with getting/using a VPN well.)
I suppose I have to refresh my understanding of how all these things work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think "find domain" function is not working very well.
Here's an example. The domain i've searched is clearly on the hosts list and diversion can't find it.

Attachments

• divers.png
    divers.png
    67.6 KB · Views: 192

Just saw this news as well. Looks like a good addition to Diversion. The domain file looks like its in a parseable format with domain names appended with .json, i.e. doubleclick.com.json. Any chance of incorporating this into Diversion as another block file?

Just saw this news as well. Looks like a good addition to Diversion. The domain file looks like its in a parseable format with domain names appended with .json, i.e. doubleclick.com.json. Any chance of incorporating this into Diversion as another block file?
It seems this is more geared toward browser-based URL blocking and not DNS domain-level blocking.

Hello,

I would like to implement Diversion ad blocking button with Tasker and quick settings tile, but I need somehow to get the actual state of ad blocking. I found only command for toggling ad blocking state: 'diversion sh-a'. Is there any way how can I request actual state?

Thanks a lot.

I need somehow to get the actual state of ad blocking. I found only command for toggling ad blocking state: 'diversion sh-a'. Is there any way how can I request actual state?
see here

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!