What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Are you using Skynet?

Thanks. I have no idea what that Spanish says, but before I give you a link, which explains how to whitelist a site in Diversion, do stop and consider: is there a genuine reason why Diversion is blocking that site? Before whitelisting any site, I’d want to be 100% certain that it really was a false positive. (I assume you know why the error message is in Spanish.)

Anyway, have a look at this link

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/diversion-the-router-ad-blocker.48538/page-69#post-446586

to find out about how to discover which domain is being blocked.

But do think twice before whitelisting anything.

Thank you very much! It says a crash report has been generated. Adobe can try to use this report to generate a solution, and bla, bla, bla. I´m possitive that the problem is diversion. If I disable it, it does work, as soon as I enable it and open lightroom again, I get that message. I´ll do as you said and I´ll report back

Thank you very much! It says a crash report has been generated. Adobe can try to use this report to generate a solution, and bla, bla, bla. I´m possitive that the problem is diversion. If I disable it, it does work, as soon as I enable it and open lightroom again, I get that message. I´ll do as you said and I´ll report back
You should run diversion and choose option f to follow the log for blocked domains only. Then launch your application. Look for blocked domains in the diversion window. Make note of the exact names until you see the crash. Then start using the diversion whitelist (option el) to whitelist those that look remotely related to adobe.

You should run diversion and choose option f to follow the log for blocked domains only. Then launch your application. Look for blocked domains in the diversion window. Make note of the exact names until you see the crash. Then start using the diversion whitelist (option el) to whitelist those that look remotely related to adobe.

Another option can be to disable pixelserv-tls as some applications believe they downloaded a valid file and then crash trying to process it.

This can cause app crashes on iPhones too. I had this with MyFitnessPal crashing all the time with pixelsrv. Bad programming to assume what you got is safe to process.

I am assuming you have imported your pixelserv CA certificate into your Windows machine? May be crashing trying to validate the cert. second option.

This worked perfectly! So, in case anyone has the same problem in the future, the domain needed for adobe lightroom cc to work is: api.branch.io

Would it be possible make edit whitelist/blacklist more user friendly, please? I don't know how many people are going to "edit *list" just to see it's content, but I bet there are more people open it to add a domain to it.

Would be awesome if options were presented first after entering "Edit *list" section. And option to process the list was presented after adding a domain without need of going back into list's options.

Thank you.

This might've been asked before. But does this work behind an OpenVPN which is running on the router itself?

does this work behind an OpenVPN
Yes, if you are running the ovpn server on the router and have all connections filtered by the router in the lan DNS settings.

Hi all,

I'm trying to whitelist *s.youtube.com but I get back : "domain has star (*) in name, this cannot work"

And, should diversion AND pixlserv be on the same IP? As that's how I've setup mine.

EDIT: just whitelisted "s.youtube.com" and it worked!

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi to all,

I´m on version v4.1.11 - the update feature in amtm says -> min upd... but if I want to open/run option 1 - Diversion - open it give an error code:
/opt/bin/diversion: line 2: syntax error: unexpected newline (expecting ")")
so it fails to run & I´m no able to update. What is the best solution now to proceed? Is there a way to uninstall and reinstall if it fails to run? All other is up to date - also Entware packages. - thanks for any help in this regard

Hi all,

I'm trying to whitelist *s.youtube.com but I get back : "domain has star (*) in name, this cannot work"

And, should diversion AND pixlserv be on the same IP? As that's how I've setup mine.

EDIT: just whitelisted "s.youtube.com" and it worked!

Thanks

Pixelsrv ip address should be different to router address, e.g. if your router is 192.168.1.1, assign 192.168.1.2 to pixelsrv-tls. Remember to adjust the DHCP server to exclude the address assigned to pixelsrv-tls.

What I'm (finally) working on, this is just a teaser and far from finished and complete.

gIHQ7Af.png

What I'm (finally) working on, this is just a teaser and far from finished and complete.

Nice!

But a plea from a sometimes frustrated user: can we put all the add-ons in the ADDONS tab? I understand that some of them are related to other functions (e.g., Skynet is firewall, etc.), but it would seem more intuitive to have them in one place.

(Or maybe make the location be user-selectable?)

Nice!

But a plea from a sometimes frustrated user: can we put all the add-ons in the ADDONS tab? I understand that some of them are related to other functions (e.g., Skynet is firewall, etc.), but it would seem more intuitive to have them in one place.

(Or maybe make the location be user-selectable?)
It goes where it belongs.

@thelonelycoder
Diversion has always been my favorite add-on and it's a must have, huge thanks for this well thought product.

It happened to me thrice and i thought to report, I've ipv6 native enabled with fallback ipv4, moreover skynet, unbound are working as well
Suddenly it started showing ads and i couldn't figure out why it happened, though diversion was working in Logs as usual, is it ipv6 bothering? Or something to guess? Reboot certainly eradicates the issue but i can't figure out the case
Any help?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!