What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It's not supposed to block ads, it's just a way to change your WAN DNS.

Make sure your LAN DNS fields are empty.
Also on LAN->DNSFilter page enable global filtering mode and set it to Router.
Bro I'm saying is that before Diversion was blocking ads with my providers DNS. Now when I changed the DNS it does not block ads anymore. Do you get me now????

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

Here, srry for bad image quality currently figuring out my pc issues so I cant install any programs atm
http://imgur.com/a/LS0jd0v

Settings look good. What browsers/machines show ads? Have they renewed their DHCP leases? Try putting them in airplane mode or unplugging the network cable temporarily to force a DHCP renew. Make sure any browsers aren’t auto-enabling DNS-over-HTTPS.

Settings look good. What browsers/machines show ads? Have they renewed their DHCP leases? Try putting them in airplane mode or unplugging the network cable temporarily to force a DHCP renew. Make sure any browsers aren’t auto-enabling DNS-over-HTTPS.
I've used my fire stick to test it before It never showed any ads now it always shows ads

Today I had to turn off YT ad-blocking. The YouTube app on our iPhones/iPads completely failed. It was like the app had a seizure (flickering black video screen). The YT list included 321 entries and after turning ad-blocking off the YouTube app worked again. Never had any issues on the SmartTV, Roku app and Android phones. To fix the problem all I had to do is a reset (option 2) now it works again. I don't know if a certain googlevideo domain caused this issue or something else. Just wanted to let you know if anyone else experiences this problem.

Today I had to turn off YT ad-blocking. The YouTube app on our iPhones/iPads completely failed. It was like the app had a seizure (flickering black video screen). The YT list included 321 entries and after turning ad-blocking off the YouTube app worked again. Never had any issues on the SmartTV, Roku app and Android phones. To fix the problem all I had to do is a reset (option 2) now it works again. I don't know if a certain googlevideo domain caused this issue or something else. Just wanted to let you know if anyone else experiences this problem.
I'm not experiencing your issue. But, I don't fully understand how Diversion is picking up data to block YT ads; how often it's updating the blocking list (i.e. why I'm seeing the same Epoch Times ad over different videos and separated by hours of time, and is there anything I can do to hasten the YT blocking feature's effectiveness. The fact that I don't understand the previous is, of course, no statement on the effectiveness of the feature or the efforts of the code's author. I'm just saying...

Youtube had a slight hick-up today for a few minutes and it went down almost all over the world, I believe what you experienced was just due to that.

Anyone knows how to whitelist the amazon app? Can't use it whatsoever, any section shows an error.
Screenshot_20200515-132615.jpg

Anyone knows how to whitelist the amazon app? Can't use it whatsoever, any section shows an error.View attachment 23488

I had to WL the following. There may be more. Choose option "f" in Diversion to trace the blacklisted domains if it occurs again.

device-metrics-us.amazon.com
c.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-na.amazon.com - for UK, you may have to chg this to fls-eu.amazon.com or need both
aan.amazon.com

I had to WL the following. There may be more. Choose option "f" in Diversion to trace the blacklisted domains if it occurs again.

c.amazon-adsystem.com
fls-na.amazon.com - for UK, you may have to chg this to fls-eu.amazon.com or need both
aan.amazon.com

Thank you so much that did the trick!

Thank you so much that did the trick!

I've found that every few weeks the Amazon app on phone stops working and I need to follow the blocking log to see what new domain is causing the issue. I've got about a dozen that I've had to add myself to get it working.

c.amazon-adsystem.com
aan.amazon.com
I tried to WL these in the past and after a few days I was still have issues with the Amazon app. Gave up and disabled pixelserv.

I tried to WL these in the past and after a few days I was still have issues with the Amazon app. Gave up and disabled pixelserv.
Once in a while it happens to me as well ... I only refresh Diversion install or update it - as most of the times an update is necessary.
After that everything works ok ... I never WL any addresses.

Diversion statistics says that my #1 blocked domain is my LAN printer ... which shows as <printername>.lan

My LAN printer is a Brother, and is connected to the network via WiFi. It doesn't exist on any block list. How is it getting picked up by Diversion (or - can anyone tell me where to look? I already checked dnsmasq.log and I couldn't find anything relevant IMO?)

Diversion statistics says that my #1 blocked domain is my LAN printer ... which shows as <printername>.lan

My LAN printer is a Brother, and is connected to the network via WiFi. It doesn't exist on any block list. How is it getting picked up by Diversion (or - can anyone tell me where to look? I already checked dnsmasq.log and I couldn't find anything relevant IMO?)
that was happening to me too. it was the highest blocked domain, but then the report didn't mentioned it again, when listing the noisiest clients. so it didn't tell me where it came from.
this lasted for a week and then corrected itself. no clue why it started, or why it stopped,

Last edited:

Does your printer LAN IP resemble your Pixelserv IP just with extra digits? 192.168.1.20 and 192.168.1.2?

Does your printer LAN IP resemble your Pixelserv IP just with extra digits? 192.168.1.20 and 192.168.1.2?
in my case, yes 192.168.50.2 vs 192.168.50.208

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!