What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That YouTube experimental feature is a hit and miss. For some it works, others have a sad face story to tell.
You may safely use uBlock Origin in addition to Diversion.

Still works for me.

When I open youtube then select a music video I want to watch. Once I start the video I pause it make the url change up top. The site will refresh to the non ad version with the video reset to the start. Once I hit play there are no interruptions. I have also noticed on the non ad version the comments never load.

I have also had to turn uBlock Origin back on, which is very effective in eliminating the vast majority of YouTube Ads.

Whilst I realise that YouTube content providers often require an Ad revenue stream to exist, the continued interruption with, often irritating Ads every 15 minutes throughout the video, makes some YouTube viewing almost unbearable. End result is now to eliminate all Ads on YouTube, hence greed receives its 'Just Reward', eg of good content although more Ads than I can tolerate without an effective Ad Blocker,
Will revisit removing uBlock Origin after a month to determine whether or not Diversion has 'learnt' to block Ads on the example.

I note that uBlock Origin displays the number of blocked Ads, even Ads that have been blocked by Diversion.

Reactions: a5m
I'm in the process of following the great guides on here to install Diversion.

Will this have any negative effects while gaming on my PC? If it did i'm sure I could assign a static DNS on the AX88U for my PC. But just wanted to know.

I'm in the process of following the great guides on here to install Diversion.

Will this have any negative effects while gaming on my PC? If it did i'm sure I could assign a static DNS on the AX88U for my PC. But just wanted to know.

No, Diversion works on DNS, and gaming has nothing to do with it. Your latency will not be effected any bit.

I note that uBlock Origin displays the number of blocked Ads, even Ads that have been blocked by Diversion.

That's because uBlock Origin (or any such Addons) work on the browser level (Layer 7 of OSI model) so they're the first one to see and react to the blocked domain while Diversion is working on layer 3. So whenever you visit a domain which is blocked on both Diversion and uBlock Origin, the latter will always block it first.

No, Diversion works on DNS, and gaming has nothing to do with it. Your latency will not be effected any bit.

Thanks,

What sites can I use to check both the ad blocker is working, and pixelserve.dls is doing what it should do?

Sorry if this is a duplicate post, I thought I hit the 'Post reply' button, but I guess i didn't because i cant see my previos post anywhere.

Quick question, I am sure it's been asked before but a quick forum search didn't help me.

Where does Diversion store the Whitelist?

TIA.

Question1 - does Skynet utilise the same Swap file (on the USB Flash drive) as Diversion ?

Question 2 - in el (edit lists) what do 0 w 0 b and 0 wb mean? refer pic

upload_2020-6-24_13-10-39.png

Welcome
This is Diversion - the Router Ad-Blocker for Asuswrt-Merlin

All install and update infos are on the Diversion website.

May 04 2020
Diversion 4.1.12 is now available
See the Diversion website or this post for the change log.

Diversion is free to use under the GNU General Public License version 3 (GPL-3.0).
If you like Diversion and find it useful, you can help it's further development with a donation.
Thank you!

Diversion is interactive. To start the Diversion UI after installation, use
Code:
diversion
For quick operation options without starting the UI, use
Code:
diversion help
to make yourself familiar with the available options.

4jsJ1XW.png

When I try to use the new Youtube Ads blocker I get this result

Code:
b > 8 > 1 > enter

Code:
 Error  No recent YouTube domain found, view
 some YouTube videos in a browser!

I have been watching a lot of Youtube videos so I'm not sure why any recent YT domains aren't found.

Is there a workaround to get it working at all??

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!