What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

are you really on 384.18
Yes, I am on .18.

edit- Proper restart fixed it. I noticed connmon showed a blip period, which jogged my memory, I had a power outage the other day that corresponds with that. Thinking it's related to the tabs going missing. BTW, I didn't suspect Diversion per se, just posted here cuz I know where most the helpful folks are hanging out.:)

Last edited:
So quick update that may affect the future of my whitelist...

I was just given a 25% chance to live the next 5 years.

I will continue to update the whitelist as long as possible, and if it comes to it I will be sure to pass my github account onto someone who will continue on after I am gone.

I will continue to update the whitelist as long as possible, and if it comes to it I will be sure to pass my github account onto someone who will continue on after I am gone.
I was just browsing the forums and saw your post. I lost my mom to cancer in 2019. It's a bastard. Keep positive and spend as much time with friends and family. Do things that you love to do. Good luck and I'll be rooting for you.

fracking hell dude, terrible fracking news. I think I can speak for everyone here saying that don't even stress about the whitelist dude; you've got more important issues going on right now.

Best of luck mate!

Gosh freaking news..Well not going to say anything bud,be positive and do something good to yourself.Appreciated for you've done for us.Best Regardz.

@PracticalChip, just reading this now I am more than a little shocked and saddened by this news you received. Thank you for sharing. My prayers go to you.

Some great advice already from the others above. And, that 25% only shows that the doctors have a lot of hope too. I know we'll both be here in 2025 and beyond still trading posts and counting our blessings.

Live in the moment we've been granted. That is all anyone has.

Hello @thelonelycoder, I came across a minor display issue in the tail_logfile function when filtering by Term or IP. The line is printed twice as a result of this grep without the -q option.
Bash:
while read line; do
  if echo "$line" | /opt/bin/grep $ginv "$filterTerm"; then
Cheers!

Sending all the positivity your way and hoping for a better outcome than the given timeline, no matter what the odds.

Enjoy doing the things you love, with the people that matter most. A good reminder for everyone.

Yes, I think the NextDNS author may have missed that part.

Edit: I have a toddler who watches YT for almost half the day due to the lockdown ... I will advise in a few days whether the YT adblocker is still working for me or not.
I just tried this trick and seems to still work. Watched a lot of trucks get a close shave with the example link :) from the original post.

Google isn't almighty (yet). Omnipresent, yes.

Sir,

I read this when you first posted it and being painfully new here, not knowing you personally and not wanting to hijack the thread I decided not to comment .... but I can't help myself.

I was massively injured in 2012, during reconstructive surgery a couple of years later a large invasive and inoperable tumour was discover in my chest putting pressure on my heart and one remaining lung. I was classified as terminally ill and told "not to tell any long jokes". Prognosis was about 8 months.

I won't say it hasn't been a struggle but it's 2020, I'm still here and not appreciably worse. The wife and I have continued raising our kids, we've fostered 3 more, I qualified as a commercial drone pilot ... I'm enjoying life. I think I probably understand better than most why you would continue with your projects. Life isn't about the destination but about the journey and I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. On the bad days it is of course hard to keep that in mind.

Please know that some people really do understand the path you walk, stay strong, go to sleep each night with peaceful determination that tomorrow you will wake to a new day. Be at peace and know you are in my prayers at least for what that is worth.

May your G-d go with you.

Warm Regards
Ari

This is the most useful post I've read in SNBforums.
Couldn't be said any better.
@PracticalChip All the best wishes for you. Never give up, never surrender. Carry the flag proudly until the last minute, and then push some more.

Sir,

I read this when you first posted it and being painfully new here, not knowing you personally and not wanting to hijack the thread I decided not to comment .... but I can't help myself.

I was massively injured in 2012, during reconstructive surgery a couple of years later a large invasive and inoperable tumour was discover in my chest putting pressure on my heart and one remaining lung. I was classified as terminally ill and told "not to tell any long jokes". Prognosis was about 8 months.

I won't say it hasn't been a struggle but it's 2020, I'm still here and not appreciably worse. The wife and I have continued raising our kids, we've fostered 3 more, I qualified as a commercial drone pilot ... I'm enjoying life. I think I probably understand better than most why you would continue with your projects. Life isn't about the destination but about the journey and I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. On the bad days it is of course hard to keep that in mind.

Please know that some people really do understand the path you walk, stay strong, go to sleep each night with peaceful determination that tomorrow you will wake to a new day. Be at peace and know you are in my prayers at least for what that is worth.

May your G-d go with you.

Warm Regards
Ari

Prognosis was about 8 months.

Not the same type of health issue, but still... Stephen Hawking was given 4 years to live (the average life expectancy of ALS victims).

He went on to live for another 55 years.

Bottom line is, never give up. The odds can be beaten.

Last edited:
Anyone experiencing any Diversion errors when updating amtm? I try to update every so often and this morning I keep getting this:

Code:
amtm 3.1.8 FW             by thelonelycoder
 RT-AX88U (aarch64) FW-384.19 @ 192.168.50.1
    The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu         

1  open     Diversion     v4.1.12    upd err

I am wondering if the servers are down....

Anyone experiencing any Diversion errors when updating amtm? I try to update every so often and this morning I keep getting this:

Code:
amtm 3.1.8 FW             by thelonelycoder
RT-AX88U (aarch64) FW-384.19 @ 192.168.50.1
    The Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu        

1  open     Diversion     v4.1.12    upd err

I am wondering if the servers are down....

....and this:

Code:
 ! Diversion: diversion.ch unreachable
 ! using fallback server diversion.ch
 ! amtm: diversion.ch unreachable

Update(s) aborted, could not retrieve version

....and this:

Code:
 ! Diversion: diversion.ch unreachable
! using fallback server diversion.ch
! amtm: diversion.ch unreachable

Update(s) aborted, could not retrieve version
Cloudflare is having many issues this morning. I‘ve had bad luck reaching this forum all morning (522 errors). Many strange internet behaviors are possible today.

Cloudflare is having many issues this morning. I‘ve had bad luck reaching this forum all morning (522 errors). Many strange internet behaviors are possible today.

thank you! Everything is working fine on my end now.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!