What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Diversion: found 1 new YouTube hosts, total is 93 (counter at 24 of 30)

Give the kids the remote and let them find all the IP's

Sorry for a dumb question but it is possible to block ads on a single ip and not the whole network? Thanks
It is possible but the overhead is rather large for a single client. Use a hosts file on the device or a browser based adblocker instead.

I need it for a smart tv and I can't use a host file
Just to block a few domains to restrict the (stupid) smart tv from accessing home, you could use \jffs\configs\dnsmasq.conf.add

I want to block just youtube ads on my samsung tv
That feature blocks network wide, irrespective of the Diversion alternate blocking list settings.

So I take this to mean there's a youtube add filter in Diversion? Thought that was not possible. Cool!
The option is in b, labeled as YouTube video ads blocking experimental.

So quick update that may affect the future of my whitelist...

I was just given a 25% chance to live the next 5 years.

I will continue to update the whitelist as long as possible, and if it comes to it I will be sure to pass my github account onto someone who will continue on after I am gone.
Stay strong and don't loose hope.

After a longer than anticipated break from being present on the forum and actively coding on my scripts, I am back in the game and - more or less - eager to finish the Diversion WebUI. Stay tuned.

Gentlemen welcome back! :D

After a longer than anticipated break from being present on the forum and actively coding on my scripts, I am back in the game and - more or less - eager to finish the Diversion WebUI. Stay tuned.
I was hoping there would be photos of a recent outdoor adventure...? If it was that kind of break...

I was hoping there would be photos of a recent outdoor adventure...? If it was that kind of break...
Worked all summer, I now have a week off to depressurize. Also, I've been busy with other things of interest to me and got carried away. Sorry my dear expectant users :cool:

So I take this to mean there's a youtube add filter in Diversion? Thought that was not possible. Cool!

Diversion: found 1 new YouTube hosts, total is 110 (counter at 29 of 30)

I want to block just youtube ads on my samsung tv
I would say that I finally bit the bullet and purchased Youtube Premium even though there are a couple ways to prevent Youtube ads from showing. It is priced reasonably, at least for my Geo (Argentina). I am happy with the choice. If you are an avid user of Youtube (like I am) it might be the best solution. I am saying this with all due respect to TheLonelyCoder efforts of course. We know that all ad blockers are only mitigation tools. Some ads would always get through.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!