What's new

Download Master on NFS/SMB share

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KroetKroet

Occasional Visitor
Hi all,

after the death of my precious 64GB USB stick, I'm trying to manage to live without it - I already managed to setup an high performant NFS share from my NAS towards the router, but the USB application "Download Master" refuses to launch, as USB application states it all :rolleyes:
Now I'm wondering whether it could be possible to "by-pass" the USB limitation and let it dump directly on the NFS share.

Thank you for your support! :)
KK
PS. for the ones dropping in by Google: this was the "key command" to mount to an NFS v3 share:
Code:
mount -t nfs 192.168.2.100:/nfs /tmp/mnt/nas/ -o nfsvers=3,nolock,_netdev,rsize=8192,wsize=8192

Sooo itsme again - sorry for the bump.
After a couple of hours thinking, I might have a great idea! What if I plug-in an USB stick, install the USB application, and then, behind its back, copy over the @APP directory and configuration files to an NFS share. After USB stick removal, I mount the NFS share onto the exact same spot as the USB stick.
Would that work?
Or is this wishful thinking? o_O
Thanks!
KK

Will depend on a few things:

1) How early is the NFS mount available - it has to be available at least as early as the USB disk was
2) Not every application can work properly over NFS, it depends for instance on how they handle file locking

Considering the price of an 8 GB USB drive, I think you will spend more on coffee trying to get this to work than it would cost you to get a new drive :)

Will depend on a few things:

1) How early is the NFS mount available - it has to be available at least as early as the USB disk was
2) Not every application can work properly over NFS, it depends for instance on how they handle file locking

Considering the price of an 8 GB USB drive, I think you will spend more on coffee trying to get this to work than it would cost you to get a new drive :)
Ok ok, I'll give it one shot (of good belgian beer - I hate coffee!).

Thanks for your quick reply RMerlin, highly appreciated!
KK

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!