What's new

DSL-AC68U Aiprotection Web & apps filter screen gone / missing!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jonsey

Occasional Visitor
Hello All
Just noticed that the screen in Aiprotection 'Web & App filter' screen, there is nothing there !!! See below
1605034142725.png
:D
When I log into the router it is always in the off position, when I toggle it on nothing apperas underneath. The Time schedueling part of Aiprotection is allright.
Tried everything router reboot etc, have the latest firmware and signature software. 386.39648
Any ideas

Thanks again
:(:D:rolleyes:

What I mean is that you flash over the existing firmware even though its the same firmware version?
:cool:

Yes, download the firmware from ASUS, unzip the file and flash manually. See if that brings it back.

Brilliant, I will try that later on this evening. I'll post the result tomorrow.
Thanks again

Jonsey
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Firmware update did not work, I will follow the procedure stated in the link.
Will post result as soon as possible
Regards
:cool::cool::cool:

Success:cool::cool::cool:
Did a factory re-set via the method below.
1605121399417.png

Pressed restore button and allowed it to go on for about 5 minutes.
When re-booted, I had to put in the items listed below.
SSID name
Password for the router
User name for the Broadband
Password for the Broadband
Re enter by DDNS address
Usual time schedueling & had to input all the Web & App filter
Updated the signature software
Firmware was the current one, I thought it would go back to the very earlist version!

AiProtection screen is now restored and everthing seems fine, will keep you posted.

Many thanks for the ideas of how to solve the problem.

One quick question, Is there a Merlin Firmware for the DSL-AC68U. ?
I could only find versions for the RT version

Regards
Jonsey

Merlin doesn't make firmware for the DSL- models. But @GNUton has done a port of it:

Hello All
Just noticed that the screen in Aiprotection 'Web & App filter' screen, there is nothing there !!! See below
View attachment 27568:D
When I log into the router it is always in the off position, when I toggle it on nothing apperas underneath. The Time schedueling part of Aiprotection is allright.
Tried everything router reboot etc, have the latest firmware and signature software. 386.39648
Any ideas

Thanks again
:(:D:rolleyes:
I'm seeing this also on the RT-AC88U. I have flashed the most recent firmware ( 3.0.0.4.386_41700-gb567bc9 ) with no change.

This has happened to me again, AiProtection secreened vanished. Time schedueling OK.
I think the router is on the way out.
Anyone know when the DSL-AX82U coming to the UK??
Jonsey
Faulty.PNG

Hello again
Will now try before throwing the DSL-AC68U in the bin, have downloaded and installed the Merlin version 9 onto the router (No factory re-set).
The time schedueling screen has returned.
Will keep you posted, will swap the router this evening and give it a try.
Jonsey
:):):)

Yes, it dissapered again, the Ai protection screen. Have done a full factory re-set and re-loaded merlin version 9.
Will keep you posted.
:(:(:(

Hello again
Will now try before throwing the DSL-AC68U in the bin, have downloaded and installed the Merlin version 9 onto the router (No factory re-set).
The time schedueling screen has returned.
Will keep you posted, will swap the router this evening and give it a try.
Jonsey
:):):)
It has happened again, the router is going in the recycle bin. See below. One of the silicon chips are intermittent!!!!!!!
1611818383853.png

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Jonsey

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!