What's new

[DSL-AC68U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can you please make policy based dns setup ?

I want to make different SSID's for different DNS networks.

So I can switch easily on the device.

For example :

SSID1 : CAN - ADGUARD
SSID2 : CAN - FAMILY FILTERED

For example :

I suggest you to ask this question into a new thread, quite sure you will get some good answers. As for the DSL version, I m not going to implement new features.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

For example :

YazFi does this, though I'm unsure if it will work on gnuton

YazFi does this, though I'm unsure if it will work on gnuton

I can confirm that YazFi works wonderfully well on GNUton4 on the DSL-AC68U - and will achieve what @Cnckmk requested - with a whole lot more besides :D. Incredibly useful script [thumbs-up].

Pretty sure it will work on the latest 384.11 beta release from GNUton - but have not had a chance to implement that firmware as yet.

Hi there,
I have published 384.11 gnuton alpha2 pre-release, which fixes all the issues people where complaining in the web interface. As for The DNS over TLS, it is currently available only if you set the primary WAN as ethernet.
Moreover from now on i will not rush anymore in releasing stable versions. I will wait for a few days and collect some feedback from you
Thanks again for testing.

Hi there,
I have published 384.11 gnuton alpha2 pre-release, which fixes all the issues people where complaining in the web interface. As for The DNS over TLS, it is currently available only if you set the primary WAN as ethernet.
Moreover from now on i will not rush anymore in releasing stable versions. I will wait for a few days and collect some feedback from you
Thanks again for testing.

I will install your fw once you make it work on dsl mode.

" As for The DNS over TLS, it is currently available only if you set the primary WAN as ethernet."

dns over tls

If you absolutely need DoT you can install stubby. GNUTon's firmware much flexeble than original.
By the way: the original firmware haven't DoT too.

Hi @GNUton, thanks for making this firmware for the DSL-AC68U, it runs amazingly!

Just have a hopefully small feature request: Can you enable it so we can set VLAN to ID 2? As it is now, (stock and custom) gives an error message saying it's blocked for internal usage (i've read this message only occurs when setting a LAN port to a WAN one). This makes the router unusable for FTTC with ISP's that require VLAN tagging (like Internode). Something I didn't know about until I switched to FTTC thinking the router was compatible (and it is, aside from it blocking the lower value VLAN numbers..)

Not much of a coder, but I would like to help anyway I can. Love this router and want to switch back to it from the ISP given one.

Thanks.

I will install your fw once you make it work on dsl mode.
I will get it working in DSL mode once I get a patch from you or somebody else
Hi @GNUton, thanks for making this firmware for the DSL-AC68U, it runs amazingly!

Just have a hopefully small feature request: Can you enable it so we can set VLAN to ID 2? As it is now, (stock and custom) gives an error message saying it's blocked for internal usage (i've read this message only occurs when setting a LAN port to a WAN one). This makes the router unusable for FTTC with ISP's that require VLAN tagging (like Internode). Something I didn't know about until I switched to FTTC thinking the router was compatible (and it is, aside from it blocking the lower value VLAN numbers..)

Not much of a coder, but I would like to help anyway I can. Love this router and want to switch back to it from the ISP given one.

Thanks.
Hi and thanks for using my builds.
Not sure if this helps... but have you had a look at: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/vlans-on-merlin-mini-howto.20529/

I can confirm that YazFi works wonderfully well on GNUton4 on the DSL-AC68U - and will achieve what @Cnckmk requested - with a whole lot more besides :D. Incredibly useful script [thumbs-up].

Pretty sure it will work on the latest 384.11 beta release from GNUton - but have not had a chance to implement that firmware as yet.
I installed yazfi but could not succeed to make it work, i setup guest network but i cant get internet from it when i connect there

my setup :

####################################################################

###### 5 GHz Networks ######

###### Guest Network 1 (wl1.1) #####

wl11_ENABLED=true

wl11_IPADDR=192.168.4.0

wl11_DHCPSTART=2

wl11_DHCPEND=254

wl11_DNS1=8.8.8.8

wl11_DNS2=8.8.4.4