What's new

[DSL-AC68U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Gnuton keep pumpin em bro. my router is running a scorching 110*C, and my 5g band says 75*C idk when i should worry but this thing is a trooper and you are doing awesome. i hope someone eventually does some of the other dsl model routers. I put away my other one just to set this up on my DSL-68. I love it- despite the crazy temperatures and the site survey not working.
The survey page works for me even though for some reason it may disconnect you from the wireless AP from time to time.
As for now I do not think I can do fix it because that looks like an issue coming from the Asus binary blobs.
As for the temperatures my dsl68 could stays way below 90 C all the time with a ambient temp of raughly 25 C.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

acsd: selected channel spec: 0xe09b (149/80)
i am experiencing this alot on my 5g band like ALOT. flooded every 20 or so seconds.
is any one else seeing this in their logs on GnutonWrt?
That's the auto channel selection daemon (acsd) do you have a lot of 5g networks around u?

That's the auto channel selection daemon (acsd) do you have a lot of 5g networks around u?

well every since i switched to gnutonWrt the only way i could use the some of the features to the max is by strictly running only on 5G----- I work in a heavy industry part of town my office is cramped and we run a hefty amount of wireless devices all on the 5G as it is not reliable to use the 2.4G for performance reasons... I have disabled the 2.4 and now my router is cooled down some, but it still keeps switching like that with the channel selections. the funny thing is it is still on the same channel though.

So basiclly if you want to use it.

Use your expensive DSL modem combined with an RT88U for example. And the ASUS DSL in bridge nice way boys..
you should try out GNUtonWrt it saves you from having to go through all that. For some people that is too much hassle and they like simple solutions like GNUtonWrt(fork of AsusWrt Merlin). This whole router modem situation can become expensive, when it really should be cheap. GNUton I just wanted to mention that this firmware is awesome you did a good job. It is working 100 percent for me. I did a factory reset with it on my device. my CPU and Wireless are now behaving normally and no issues in my wireless log to report.

Hi guys,
would be somebody able to test and give me feedback on this issue.
It looks like there is a user aving trouble with IPTV.
the issue:
https://github.com/gnuton/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/20
From my understanding this bug has been fixed in merlins most recent release of 384.11_2, the rest of the IPTV issue is on asus part to fix because merlin has no real way to test it.

I don't touch the IPTV code, and I have no idea how Movistar is implemented, or what is required by that ISP.

I have already flash 384.12_gnuton1_alpha1 so far everything seems to work fine, and I haven't done a factory reset after flashing.
I will come back to report any problem if i find any. The firmware update is behaving like asus original now ;)

Last edited:
I have already flash 384.12_gnuton1_alpha1 so far everything seems to work fine, and I haven't done a factory reset after flashing.
I will come back to report any problem if i find any. The firmware update is behaving like asus original now ;)

Now as for the temperature I believe that it maybe it has to do with the HW revision I have 4 of these devises two of them are ruining GNUtonWrt(fork of AsusWrt Merlin) the one is in my office with ambient temp. 19 C to 21 C and the cpu temp. is 87 C.
The second one is at my home and with ambient temp. 25 C the cpu temp. had reach 97 C. for the moment and for testing peruses I have attach two 40x40mm fans at the back of the device with tape running at very low speed (no noise at all) and the temp is now 84 C to 85 C.
If speed is increased temp. can go to 75 C but there is a lot of noise, (these are two cheap 40x40mm fans I am sure that with a 17euro noctua fan the outcome will be even better with no noise at all).
View attachment 17736
I will check tomorrow all the revisions of my devices and report back.
as for the picture sown here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac87u-5ghz-band-r-i-p.23183/#post-201590
that is from an RT-ac68u the DSL version does not have an entire thermal pad under the heat sink only two small (at least in mine) I will replase them with a big one and report back.
Hey Zendilar, thanks a lot forrtesting. BTW to avoid to let this thread grow like hell, would you guys mind if we talk about the DSL-AC68U thermal issues and mods into a different thread.
That would highlight the problem, would make it easier to other people to join the discussion even if they have not the DSL version of the router and more.
Cheers! :D

Now as for the temperature I believe that it maybe it has to do with the HW revision I have 4 of these devises two of them are ruining GNUtonWrt(fork of AsusWrt Merlin) the one is in my office with ambient temp. 19 C to 21 C and the cpu temp. is 87 C.
The second one is at my home and with ambient temp. 25 C the cpu temp. had reach 97 C. for the moment and for testing peruses I have attach two 40x40mm fans at the back of the device with tape running at very low speed (no noise at all) and the temp is now 84 C to 85 C.
If speed is increased temp. can go to 75 C but there is a lot of noise, (these are two cheap 40x40mm fans I am sure that with a 17euro noctua fan the outcome will be even better with no noise at all).
View attachment 17736
I will check tomorrow all the revisions of my devices and report back.
as for the picture sown here:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac87u-5ghz-band-r-i-p.23183/#post-201590
that is from an RT-ac68u the DSL version does not have an entire thermal pad under the heat sink only two small (at least in mine) I will replase them with a big one and report back.
I did something similar.... Except mine looks like it has a rocket pack on the back of it now...

Hey Zendilar, thanks a lot forrtesting. BTW to avoid to let this thread grow like hell, would you guys mind if we talk about the DSL-AC68U thermal issues and mods into a different thread.
That would highlight the problem, would make it easier to other people to join the discussion even if they have not the DSL version of the router and more.
Cheers! :D

I will gladly not post anymore about thermal issues. I wish you'd had mention something sooner, Out of respect, I would have done this for you. Your build is the best btw!

Hello everyone. Just trying out the 384.11_2-gnuton1 and for now it's all ok used as router only!
I also resolved the issues that i encountered using the plain merlin fw. Thanks a lot GNUton!

Hello everyone. Just trying out the 384.11_2-gnuton1 and for now it's all ok used as router only!
I also resolved the issues that i encountered using the plain merlin fw. Thanks a lot GNUton!
Glad you get it working, and listen on given advice. :rolleyes:

Updated to this Firmware from HGGs version from last year directly without any issues. Very impressed so far be good to see how things develop.

Updated to this Firmware from HGGs version from last year directly without any issues. Very impressed so far be good to see how things develop.

Without a reset to factory defaults followed by a minimal and manual install (no backup config file used)?