What's new

ecb6200 MOCA Breaks Network, PLEASE HELP!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cupcakepugdog

New Around Here
I have Comcast Xfinity internet, and want to switch to my own equipment, but have been relying on the xfinity router/modem's built-in MOCA to get internet to my Tivo. I picked up 2 Actiontec ecb6200 adapters, hoping this would do the trick. (btw i am not using any other xfinity equipment, such as boxes, only my 1 tivo)

my netgear cm500 modem works fine by itself, and so does my netgear r8000 router when i hook it up. but then when i hook up the MOCA adapter, it breaks the whole network. all wifi devices get kicked off, and get an error saying "cannot connect to this network" when trying to reconnect. on the ethernet connected pc, i get DNS errors on every site, and Windows network troubleshooting gets "DNS server is not responding" errors. as soon as i unplug the MOCA adapter's power, it immediately starts working again...

i SERIOUSLY appreciate any help troubleshooting this, thanks!

I have Comcast Xfinity internet, and want to switch to my own equipment, but have been relying on the xfinity router/modem's built-in MOCA to get internet to my Tivo. I picked up 2 Actiontec ecb6200 adapters, hoping this would do the trick. (btw i am not using any other xfinity equipment, such as boxes, only my 1 tivo)

my netgear cm500 modem works fine by itself, and so does my netgear r8000 router when i hook it up. but then when i hook up the MOCA adapter, it breaks the whole network. all wifi devices get kicked off, and get an error saying "cannot connect to this network" when trying to reconnect. on the ethernet connected pc, i get DNS errors on every site, and Windows network troubleshooting gets "DNS server is not responding" errors. as soon as i unplug the MOCA adapter's power, it immediately starts working again...

i SERIOUSLY appreciate any help troubleshooting this, thanks!
It sound's like you are creating a MoCA loop by accident. What model of TiVo do you own?

It sound's like you are creating a MoCA loop by accident. What model of TiVo do you own?

Could be a MOCA loop or more simply an ethernet loop...

It's easy to get there with MOCA in both cases - read the docs very carefully when hooking things up... esp. if the ISP is also running some MOCA inside for their services.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!