What's new

Exclude one device from VPN, and QOS for guest net

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

yuvalfar

New Around Here
Hello,

Just got the "Dark Knight", the Merlin version with VPN is simply making my life much easier, I have often guests in my home and file sharing might lead here to huge fines, and some people don't even realize that their PC is sharing something :p

Anyway, since I have a SIP phone connection, I encounter problems connecting to SIP server as my provider doesn't recognize the client behind the VPN.
It works if I connect to SIP and then turn on the firewall, but of course better to find a cleaner solution.

Is it possible to "excuse" one device from the common VPN connection?
In addition, can I somehow prioritize the guest network less then mine? :)

Would be happy for your advise.

Thanks,
Yuval

I have a VOIP setup using an SPA-3102 and surprisingly I have no problems running that behind the VPN client running on RT-N66U with Merlin 372.30.2.
However I have the same trouble with my IP camera. Wonder what the difference is.
They are both 3rd party hardware clients. Both configured with a static IP outside of the DHCP range.
The only difference is that SIP device is hardwired to the secondary router behind the VPN router and the camera is connecting wireless on the VPN router.
Secondary router WAN attached to LAN port of the VPN router, therefore all traffic is coming through the VAN router.
While my VOIP service functioning without a hitch, camera is a lost cause unless the VPN client is down.
Since I am complete noob when it comes to routing, writing the possible static routing logic is beyond my means. So, I am hoping there is another reason why VOIP functions behind VPN. Any ideas?