What's new

[Experimental] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.13 test - AiMesh/DNSSEC through OpenSSL

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On my ax88u the jffs gets messed up. Marks files as "not executable", changing is successful but doesn't hold up in a reboot. Going back to 384.12

Also the static address list was almost complete. I say almost because in the new formatting it dropped the last digit of every address.

All kinds of files are found but to be non-executable.

Are you recommending a full reset with default? sounds like a good time for one to me.. and a cleaning of the /jffs

All kinds of files are found but to be non-executable.

If you ever flashed a recent Asus stock firmware, this is normal - they recently added code that makes all the /jffs/* files non-executable. That shouldn't be the case with my firmware however, unless they hid a copy of that code in a location that I've missed.

EDIT: indeed, Asus added one in a recent AX88U GPL merge that I missed. Removed.

If you ever flashed a recent Asus stock firmware, this is normal - they recently added code that makes all the /jffs/* files non-executable. That shouldn't be the case with my firmware however, unless they hid a copy of that code in a location that I've missed.
I browsed the files and they were in fact shown as non-executable. Nothing I could do to make chmod instruction stick.

EDIT: indeed, Asus added one in a recent AX88U GPL merge that I missed. Removed.
Also the dnsmasq format problem when converting to the new system you have. The conversion somehow loses the last digit of the static addresses.

Also the dnsmasq format problem when converting to the new system you have. The conversion somehow loses the last digit of the static addresses.

Can you give me an example IP? It was working properly for me.

Can you give me an example IP? It was working properly for me.
Yes 192.168.50.51 was changed to 192.168.50.5. When I had a look at the dnsmasq.conf file it showed the addresses with the last digit dropped so I had like 20 devices with only four IPs. I use 192.168.50.x, 192.168.50.2x, 192.168.50.3x, 192.168.50.4x, 192.168.50.5x.
UPDATE: My addresses only use 2 digits in the last octet.

Yes 192.168.50.51 was changed to 192.168.50.5. When I had a look at the dnsmasq.conf file it showed the addresses with the last digit dropped so I had like 20 devices with only four IPs. I use 192.168.50.x, 192.168.50.2x, 192.168.50.3x, 192.168.50.4x, 192.168.50.5x.
UPDATE: My addresses only use 2 digits in the last octet.

The problem was with the total length - the buffer used during the conversion was only 32 chars large. Large enough for my test using shorter IPs and their MAC.

I increased the buffer size to 64, and started rebuilding all firmwares. I will upload fresh images later tonight. In the mean time I removed the existing builds to prevent more users from having truncated DHCP static lists. I recommend people restore their saved config backup AFTER they flash these new builds, to recover their original lease lists. (or you can also manually fix them all, the issue only occur during the first time conversion process).

I dirty flashed the build on my RT-AC5300, after a reboot there weren't any AI Mesh options on the network map page. flashing back to stock.

I dirty flashed the build on my RT-AC5300, after a reboot there weren't any AI Mesh options on the network map page. flashing back to stock.

All the info is provided in the 1st post ...did u follow the instructions below?

For AiMesh support, during this test phase, you must manually enable it. To do so, log in over SSH, then run the following commands:
Code:
touch /jffs/.gomesh
reboot

After your router is done rebooting, the webui should now be AiMesh-aware.

All the info is provided in the 1st post ...did u follow the instructions below?

For AiMesh support, during this test phase, you must manually enable it. To do so, log in over SSH, then run the following commands:
Code:
touch /jffs/.gomesh
reboot

After your router is done rebooting, the webui should now be AiMesh-aware.

oh darn, I could have sworn i read everything... my bad. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll wait for the next build.

Van Halen's "no brown M&M" clause. (Google it).

Van Halen's "no brown M&M" clause. (Google it).

are you suggesting I trash my dressing room? ;P

actually, i couldn't wait for a new build ( i don't think i have a dhcp static list?not sure what that is? manually assigned?) . Dirty flashed and enabled AI Mesh. I'm seeing clients connected to the node and was able to stream video from one of them to my PC connected via ethernet to the main router.

- removed node successfully.
- factory reset node (I always do it by holding down the wps button and power on) and added it back successfully. clients connected to it successfully.

looking good so far.

are you suggesting I trash my dressing room? ;P

Nah, leave that part out, unless you have a reputation to maintain :)

i don't think i have a dhcp static list?not sure what that is? manually assigned?

DHCP static leases on the LAN -> DHCP page. For assigning static IPs and hostnames to specific clients.

- removed node successfully.
- factory reset node (I always do it by holding down the wps button and power on) and added it back successfully. clients connected to it successfully.

Thanks. What are the router models and firmware versions of your routers and nodes?

Fresh builds have been generated, they should be published to Onedrive in the coming minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!