What's new

External Internet Access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

shad0w88

New Around Here
Just installed a connection with a new ISP. The new ISP has allocated a static internal IP address. I need to access my computer from another location. Since I have no access to the device with the external IP address, I cannot forward ports to my computer.

Is there a way i could get an external IP address to access my computer. Or is there any other way?

Tried Hamachi but it is too slow and not seamless.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Have you asked the ISP to bridge their modem for you?

Yeah, they're demanding extra charges and reducing speed, for forwarding me a static external ip address.

You don't require a static external IP. You just need an external IP.

Call them back and try again. To bridge the modem for them is a few lines typed into a computer (they shouldn't even need to come down there).

Asked them to, they said they can't do that. They're saying ur only option is to get a static ip from us and pay charges. Basically they just won't comply without extra charges.

I hope others can help then with your initial issue.

In my case, this ISP would be blacklisted for me and my customers (and of course, I'd cancel service the second they said that to me).

A public IP address isn't a luxury today. It is a very real need.