What's new

Feature Requests DHCP and DNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bjamin82

New Around Here
In the future I would love to see the following...

1. In the DHCP list Under LAN --> DHCP Server --> Manual Assignment... we able to sort this list. The list is only sorted by when you added the entry not IP address or alphabetical.
2. Better Control Of DNS - meaning it would be great to add your own DNS Entries.

In the future I would love to see the following...

1. In the DHCP list Under LAN --> DHCP Server --> Manual Assignment... we able to sort this list. The list is only sorted by when you added the entry not IP address or alphabetical.
2. Better Control Of DNS - meaning it would be great to add your own DNS Entries.

1. See https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin/wiki/Sort-DHCP-Reservations-by-IP. I have this run at midnight in a cron so every day my entries are sorted by IP.

2. You can achieve this with a hosts.add file in your /jffs/configs directory. Simply add the entries as you would to a hosts file and the firmware appends that file to the hosts file at reboot. dnsmasq obeys these entries.

If I have a manual DHCP assignment with a name, does that automatically get added to the hosts file?

If I have a manual DHCP assignment with a name, does that automatically get added to the hosts file?

It gets added to /etc/hosts.dnsmasq which is specified as an additional hosts file in dnsmasq.conf

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!