What's new

Firmware update for AC86U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Doggerbanke

New Around Here
I have noticed that a lot of the routers have gotten a firmware update lately but it does not seem to be the case for AC86U. Any one here know if it will get an update any time soon?

20942 released for 86U !
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC86U/FW_RT_AC86U_300438420942.zip

Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384_20942
- Release Note -

Bug fixed and Improvements:
- Improved system stability.
- Improved AiMesh performance.
- Fixed specific models cannot show AiMesh problem.
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Yonghui Han of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs.
- Fixed CVE-2018-8877, CVE-2018-8878, CVE-2018-8879
- Fixed plain text password vulnerability in lighttpd.
- Modified Quick Internet Setup wizard process.
- Main SSID and guest network can hide independently.
- Fixed OpenVPN client authentication issues.
- Fixed DDNS register bugs.
- Administrator can asisgn specific WAN interface to register DDNS in dual wan load balance mode.
- Fixed OpenVPN client DNS related issues.

@arthurlien: I have still the issue that after apply channel settings are NOT CHANGED at all.
Have to reboot or disable/enable one Wifi 2G or 5G to have it set according to what is shown.
When will this be solved for RT-AC86U at least issue in my china-version with changeable region setting.

Furthermore: Using Aimesh with ethernet backhaul running in AP mode and node set to AUTO but only uses WiFi-connection, must be set to ethernet to run backhaul via wire.
If there exists a LAN-connection it must be used prefered in AUTO-mode!

AiMesh with 68U as node on 20942 working, did a factory reset and nothing else, just power on node and wait to be found on 86U for connecting.

Guest-SSID still not supported on nodes but can be hidden on parent-86U now with this release ...
USB-ports on node not supported too!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!