What's new

Firmware upgrade or downgrade clarity

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kenhlan

Regular Contributor
Searched a bit, but could not find any clarity on the process.

Upgrade Questions:
Currently running johns 374 _07 fork. Are there any summersaults I need to do to do if I want to upgrade to Stock or Merlins versions of 376 or 378 series? I'm reading about new CFEs and such, and didn't know if that adds any twists to the straight upgrade process. (outside of factory reset and reboots and such)

Downgrade Question:
In the chance that I do not prefer the 376/378 upgrade, are there any summersaukts I need to perform to revert back to any of the 374 series? (e.g will the CFE revert back also, and such?)

I have John's Nvram save and restore utility, but wondered if there is anything else required, like an interim Stock load or anything in between.

Really looking for any feedback on any unique deviation from the normal flash or flash back process between 374 to 376/378 (and back)

TIA

Which router?

When you go with a 378_xxxx build from Asus, you need to start with a FW that has a 64 MB partition size, and will upgrade your bootloader. That means either 378.50 from me, or Asus's 376_3626. After that, you can go with Asus's 378_xxxx releases.

Downgrading can go to any previous versions.

So.....

When you go with a 378_xxxx build from Asus, you need to start with a FW that has a 64 MB partition size, and will upgrade your bootloader. That means either 378.50 from me, or Asus's 376_3626. After that, you can go with Asus's 378_xxxx releases.

Downgrading can go to any previous versions.

Im on 3.0.0.4.378.50 for the asus RT-AC68U

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 621
cfe for tx power

I am running 378.50 ta and need a great guide to flash the cfe so I can modify the tx power on the router...anyone have a video link and or a detailed guide on this issue... I've searched the forums and haven't really found anything with this latest .50 ta cfe modification
TIA