What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Something like this ? combine with the advice for other user rlj2.
Thx KANJI San

View attachment 25480
I would remove the Mark entry (last line) completely otherwise you restrict the rule to this specific type of traffic and for example untracked traffic (mark 000000) is not moved to Gaming.

Ok ...But all trafic untracked 000000 will go under GAMING rule !!!
I saw some untracked traffic are GAMING activity .... and the rule could help. Also DAVID suggested this to me ;) but I don't know if all are going under GAMING and the trafic it's not GAMING will overload the GAMING flow ?
iprules 2.jpg

Ok ...But all trafic untracked 000000 will go under GAMING rule !!!
I saw some untracked traffic are GAMING activity .... and the rule could help. Also DAVID suggested this to me ;) but I don't know if all are going under GAMING and the trafic it's not GAMING will overload the GAMING flow ?
View attachment 25483
I am sorry you are correct. The last rule should have a Local IP such as your PS4 or gaming PC. The important thing is making sure your game downloads are not classified as Gaming since game loads are usually massive which is achieved by the first rule.

Hey, it seems having Flexqos enabled causes DNS errors and page loading issues if the CPU is pegged whilst transferring files to a USB HDD over the network.
Disabled QOS entirely and issue disappeared.

Says I'm new around here but i have been using FreshJr for a few years and have followed the FlexQos development a since the first post about it.
I can’t imagine a way for the script itself to interfere with DNS. But overloading the router with USB HDD workload used to interfere with DNS on my old N66U.

Is some settings in Qos or Asus RT86U to make difference between Wired / Wireless .
Example
I want to be 70 % band to wired and 30 % on wireless or different percent but to have this split ?
Thx
I don’t think that’s possible since all LAN traffic appears on the bridged interface br0. If it is possible, it’s beyond my knowledge.

I would like to have my sons PS4 be considered gaming nomatter what it is doing
(streaming, gaming,etc) will the attach rule do this correctly. (the ps4s ip is .198)
Yes, this will work as you want. I do a similar thing with my SmartTV where all its traffic is considered Streaming.

So, the install went fine and I left everything untouched(default). Question is, I was doing a little gaming and when I went to check if it registered in the "Gaming" classification, it was not. So I looked over the logging and since I know the ports the game is using it was listed as being "untracked". In other words it was being pushed to "Other". I assume I have to use the customize panel but I'm a little fuzzy on how to set it up for the game.

Appreciate any help...
You would need to identify specific ports (local or remote) that would consistently identify this traffic as belonging to Gaming and create a rule with those criteria. If you’re using a dedicated gaming device, use the FreshJR Gaming rule in post #3 to prioritize most Untracked traffic from that device as Gaming.

First of all, thanks for the reply. So, this is how I configured via your input..

Screenshot_2020-08-16 FlexQoS.png

The goal I'm trying to achieve is have the game classified under "Gaming"(higher priority) than the present state of "Other"(lower priority). As I said before, when I check the log, the game is always attached to "Untracked"(redirects to "Other"). Is this possible? Or is this the best it's going to get?

Hello, I just want to ask something. Should I add new rules or I can just rely on the drag and drop interface to optimize my internet connection (I am referring to the one in the Adaptive QoS section).

First of all, thanks for the reply. So, this is how I configured via your input..

View attachment 25487

The goal I'm trying to achieve is have the game classified under "Gaming"(higher priority) than the present state of "Other"(lower priority). As I said before, when I check the log, the game is always attached to "Untracked"(redirects to "Other"). Is this possible? Or is this the best it's going to get?
Are you gaming on a PC or a console? If a console it's pretty easy. Just assign your console an IP and add the following rule (change local IP to your console's IP).
1597611293907.png

Hello, I just want to ask something. Should I add new rules or I can just rely on the drag and drop interface to optimize my internet connection (I am referring to the one in the Adaptive QoS section).
The default rules will correct the inherent deficiencies in stock Adaptive QoS. If you see sensitive traffic (by your own standards) being prioritized incorrectly, then you would start to explore custom rules.

View attachment 25487

I agree with @zackattack784 that the Gaming rule may be the easiest way if this device is used mostly for Gaming.

Since so much happens on the web over port 443 these days, any traffic NOT on 443 is likely to be “special”.

I agree with @zackattack784 that the Gaming rule may be the easiest way if this device is used mostly for Gaming.

Since so much happens on the web over port 443 these days, any traffic NOT on 443 is likely to be “special”.
Appreciate the help. Launched the game for a few minutes and then checked the log and it's now classified as gaming. Marked *solved* in OP.

I happen to get a lot of 'Untracked' traffic. How do I fix this?

Create a rule for a specific IP where traffic is untracked with !80,443 (this are ports for gaming in rule ) and MARK 00000
Take a look at specific GAMING rule - untracked created here

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!