What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Create a rule for a specific IP where traffic is untracked with !80,443 (this are ports for gaming in rule ) and MARK 00000
Take a look at specific GAMING rule - untracked created here

Uhm, I am not exactly sure how to do it myself. Can you tell me how?

Create a rule for a specific IP where traffic is untracked with !80,443 (this are ports for gaming in rule ) and MARK 00000
Take a look at specific GAMING rule - untracked created here

Do I create a new iptable rule or do I just have to edit the entry called Untracked in the AppDB Redirection rules?

Can you tell me how?

I created 2 scenarios what are now in my iptable: GAMING and STREAMING from 2 different devices - PS4 and TV SMART
The rule for untracked is applied only for PS4 and for TV smart all traffic will be on STREAMING RULE if you want NETFLIX / HBO / YOUTUBE etc
As I see last night, I have only Netfflix un APPdbb RULE and was the only application can work very well in my TV ... The others can't open ata ll.
After I created rule you see in attach and all APPS for streaming with YOUTUBE / HBO and others work VERY smooth and fast.
You can create rules without IP and are for every IP on your network but for me I prefer to be specific for every device, because every device DO something specific from my point of view.

I don't know if it is the PERFECT rule assignment but those work for me very well between a bunch of IP's and device - 10-15 ACTIVE all the time with big traffic behind.
DAVID is the KING here and I thank you for his patience again ;)

GAMING AND STREAMING.jpg

I created 2 scenarios what are now in my iptable: GAMING and STREAMING from 2 different devices - PS4 and TV SMART
The rule for untracked is applied only for PS4 and for TV smart all traffic will be on STREAMING RULE if you want NETFLIX / HBO / YOUTUBE etc
As I see last night, I have only Netfflix un APPdbb RULE and was the only application can work very well in my TV ... The others can't open ata ll.
After I created rule you see in attach and all APPS for streaming with YOUTUBE / HBO and others work VERY smooth and fast.
You can create rules without IP and are for every IP on your network but for me I prefer to be specific for every device, because every device DO something specific from my point of view.

I don't know if it is the PERFECT rule assignment but those work for me very well between a bunch of IP's and device - 10-15 ACTIVE all the time with big traffic behind.

View attachment 25514
So, I added the IPrule for gaming, and while it is color coded correctly, it still says 'Untracked'. Is this a UI bug?

So, I added the IPrule for gaming, and while it is color coded correctly, it still says 'Untracked'. Is this a UI bug?
The classifications such as Untracked don't change, they come from Trend Micro, however the colors do according to the rules.

The classifications such as Untracked don't change, they come from Trend Micro, however the colors do according to the rules.

I see, at least it is color-coded correctly so it is working. By the way, should I also add some rules for streaming? I am kind of streaming Netflix on my TV as well while I am playing. Are there any specific rules I should add?

View attachment 25514

Do you have to physically reboot the router (like unplug it) from the wall every time you apply changes or does it take into effect immediately?

... Reboot the router (like unplug it) from the wall every time ...

No... I'm click on apply and the rules are updated but yes when the router have some hesitations to respond I do UNPLUG - "HAMMER RULE" from the wall for few minutes also the ISP provider same time and I plug all devices again and I verify if the rules are save and router works as I intend ...

For streaming already I point out for you the rule ....It's something fuzzy??? Easy to change the yellow write IP from my screen capture with yours IP, follow the rule and will work, unless you don't have static ip to your TV... will not work

No... I'm click on apply and the rules are updated but yes when the router have some hesitations to respond I do UNPLUG - "HAMMER RULE" from the wall for few minutes also the ISP provider same time and I plug all devices again and I verify if the rules are save and router works as I intend ...

For streaming already I point out for you the rule ....It's something fuzzy??? Easy to change the yellow write IP from my screen capture with yours IP, follow the rule and will work, unless you don't have static ip to your TV... will not work

I guess I don't have static IP since my Smart TV is connected via WiFi. Anyway, thanks for the help. The IPrule for gaming has worked nicely.:)

You can have static IP for wireless devices !!! All my devices included wifi are assigned with static IP 's .... Find the TV MAC address and go to the router IP adressess and here you go, also with mac filtering rules will have TV or others wifi devices with static IP ... and could create specific rules for them .

Yes ... OK .. if the GAMING it's working, nothing else matter ... :p

I have an AX58U maybe thats the reason hhm, I wonder If I should use QoS at all. 600/600 symetric fibre
No, disable QoS to get the full bandwidth. You also don't need QoS with such a high bandwidth.

@dave14305 Could you take a look? :D Runner: disabled flow cache: enabled
on my ax88, when adaptiveQoS is enabled, i also get " Runner: disabled flow cache: enabled ". that's expected.

on my ax88, when adaptiveQoS is enabled, i also get " Runner: disabled flow cache: enabled ". that's expected.
Same here with my AX88.

No, disable QoS to get the full bandwidth.

KANJI - san
With Qos disabled - 470-450mbs / 25-30mbs ....
With QOS enabled - 370 / 20mbs with 90-95% rule applied

The reason why I choose QOS is for managing all devices around home hungry for more "speed" ... and priority.
If I have only 2-3 devices I don't bother to use QOS but I have more then 30 ... active all time 10-15 ...
I'm wonder where vanish 100mbs on QOS enabled ??? It's from some buffer ??? Some rule to be check or uncheck on settings ?
I read also here some posts about same thing, but I did't find an answer ...

Second question it's a PLEX server media service. I don't find in app dds rules specific PLEX server only Plex TV who is not for me and I think is not the same service with Plex media server.
Which service to choose from APPDBS instead ? Media streaming services or Network media streaming protocol ? and Class - Streaming ? File transfer ? or other ...
Maybe DAVID can have an input on this also

Thx

I'm wonder where vanish 100mbs on QOS enabled ??? It's from some buffer ??? Some rule to be check or uncheck on settings ?

QoS requires disabling some of the hardware acceleration features of the router. The router CPU then becomes the bottleneck. on my ax88 my limit is 500Mbps with QoS enabled.

my ax88 my limit is 500Mbps with QoS enabled.

Make sense. Thx ... Nice for you ... 500mbps ... I wonder in this conditions if upgrade my ISP to 1GB , I lose maybe more than half on my router restrictions.
I presume on 1GBS .. I don't need QOS ... but I don't know now how will be working on fast fiber ... I will see in the near future ...

No, disable QoS to get the full bandwidth. You also don't need QoS with such a high bandwidth.
I mostly wanted QoS just to give priority to my PC/Games so everything go ahead of the other devices. I have like 5-10 devices connected.

That is what QoS is for right? My prio is to get the game packets first and then everything else

I mostly wanted QoS just to give priority to my PC/Games so everything go ahead of the other devices. I have like 5-10 devices connected.

That is what QoS is for right? My prio is to get the game packets first and then everything else
If you don't saturate your bandwidth, you should be fine without QoS. I would disable it and watch the traffic and see if there is any noticeable impact on gaming. If this does not work, enable QoS and see if it helps.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!