What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Code:
ceil_down=8320.000kbps
ceil_up=2176.000kbps
[0, 5%]
rule=18
rule=19
rule=9
rule=20
[1, 20%]
rule=0
rule=5
rule=6
rule=15
rule=17
[2, 10%]
rule=8
[3, 5%]
rule=7
rule=10
rule=11
rule=21
rule=23
[4, 4%]
rule=28
rule=29
rule=30
rule=31
rule=32
rule=33
rule=34
rule=35
rule=36
rule=37
rule=38
rule=39
rule=40
rule=41
rule=42
rule=43
rule=13
rule=24
[5, 3%]
rule=12
rule=4
[6, 2%]
rule=1
rule=3
rule=14
[7, 1%]
rule=4
rule=13
{0}
{1}
{2}
fam=1
fam=2
fam=3
fam=4
fam=5
fam=6
fam=7
fam=8
{3}
fam=na
{4}

And

Code:
pp_rulelist                                         9,20<0,5,6,15,17<8<7,10,11,21,23<13,24<4<1,3,14<4,13<customize
The debug output is accurate. What do you think your priority order is supposed to be in the GUI? Where do you see the discrepancy?

The debug output is accurate. What do you think your priority order is supposed to be in the GUI? Where do you see the discrepancy?

It was different from the debug output for sure. I've since changed to the same as the debug to see if it'd make a difference but gaming was at the bottom (on top of file and learning from home). Hence my question, if that was an expected behaviour or not, or if there was a 'recommended' order like freshjr qos.

Also, does that ceil_up and down look ok? 8000 and 2000? When my range is set to 67Mb and 17Mb? Or is that relevant to something else?

Last edited:
So, the install went fine and I left everything untouched(default). Question is, I was doing a little gaming and when I went to check if it registered in the "Gaming" classification, it was not. So I looked over the logging and since I know the ports the game is using it was listed as being "untracked". In other words it was being pushed to "Other". I assume I have to use the customize panel but I'm a little fuzzy on how to set it up for the game.

Appreciate any help...

Is some settings in Qos or Asus RT86U to make difference between Wired / Wireless .
Example
I want to be 70 % band to wired and 30 % on wireless or different percent but to have this split ?
Thx

Hey, it seems having Flexqos enabled causes DNS errors and page loading issues if the CPU is pegged whilst transferring files to a USB HDD over the network.
Disabled QOS entirely and issue disappeared.

Says I'm new around here but i have been using FreshJr for a few years and have followed the FlexQos development a since the first post about it.

ello, can someone help me install this? It is pretty interesting and I want to try this out

Hi ....
I'm newbie here but I read the posts and now I can guide you only to install the FlexQos... Also on the first page you find some information but I can give you some clues.

I can't start this guide without recognition of DAVE and BIG BOYS who work on this ;)

1. Activate SSH in your Asus Router from - Administration / system - service - Enable SSH

2. Verify on Administration / system - Persistent JFFS2 partition - Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs = YES

3. Download and install Putty 32/64 bit
https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html

4. On the Putty GUI and enter your router login address ( see attach )

5 Open Putty - log with Router Login Name ( usual is admin ) enter the password from your your router login and ...

6. Enter this line ( copy from post 1 ) - here you find the original from DAVE

Code:
curl "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dave14305/FlexQoS/master/flexqos.sh" -o /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh --create-dirs && chmod +x /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh && sh /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh -install

7. If everything go smooth ( if not please ask here to David :cool: or someone more "agile" how to solve ) at the final installation hit 1 ( yes ) and enter to enable QOS .... reboot and Run Forrest Run ....

What you need to know is to activate QOS - Adaptive Qos / manual setting / fqcodel - write 90-95% from upload / download values tested here https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest. ( Thank you Kanji-San ;) )
If you know you can select from WAN packet overhead what kind of connection do yo have - CABLE / PPPOE or other ( I don't know to explain here very well ) and select customize and select your priorities ...

After that you need to customize your Flex Qos ... how you like and here I'm now... try to optimize my settings and I;m in the testing and learning process ....I hope I don't lose any step along the way ... if I do apologies me and elder boys can correct and guide you to this.

Good luck

Attachments

• PUTTY.jpg
    PUTTY.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 122
Hi ....
I'm newbie here but I read the posts and now I can guide you only to install the FlexQos... Also on the first page you find some information but I can give you some clues.

I can't start this guide without recognition of DAVE and BIG BOYS who work on this ;)

1. Activate SSH in your Asus Router from - Administration / system - service - Enable SSH

2. Verify on Administration / system - Persistent JFFS2 partition - Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs = YES

3. Download and install Putty 32/64 bit
https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/latest.html

4. On the Putty GUI and enter your router login address ( see attach )

5 Open Putty - log with Router Login Name ( usual is admin ) enter the password from your your router login and ...

6. Enter this line ( copy from post 1 ) - here you find the original from DAVE

Code:
curl "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dave14305/FlexQoS/master/flexqos.sh" -o /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh --create-dirs && chmod +x /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh && sh /jffs/addons/flexqos/flexqos.sh -install

7. If everything go smooth ( if not please ask here to David :cool: or someone more "agile" how to solve ) at the final installation hit 1 ( yes ) and enter to enable QOS .... reboot and Run Forrest Run ....

What you need to know is to activate QOS - Adaptive Qos / manual setting / fqcodel - write 90-95% from upload / download values tested here https://www.dslreports.com/speedtest. ( Thank you Kanji-San ;) )
If you know you can select from WAN packet overhead what kind of connection do yo have - CABLE / PPPOE or other ( I don't know to explain here very well ) and select customize and select your priorities ...

After that you need to customize your Flex Qos ... how you like and here I'm now... try to optimize my settings and I;m in the testing and learning process ....I hope I don't lose any step along the way ... if I do apologies me and elder boys can correct and guide you to this.

Good luck

Okay sir, I've already installed this one. Now I have a question about my wan packet overhead. I am using a Fibr connection with telephone. I do not know which option I should use. Can you help me?

Okay sir, I've already installed this one

I don't know either .... Here all fiber connections with telephone are related to PPPOE but I don't know if it's everywhere and don't know the other options what mean... Cable connection is DOCSIS for sure ..it's not the case here ...

Try PPPOe and see how is going ... If you don't know leave "zero" in ATM ....

For me the hard part coming after those settings ... in Flexqos tab ... There is the struggling for me ... :cool:
I want to optimize how much I can all the things together .... but overall now is working fine ....with all support find here ;)

Last edited:
I don't know either .... Here all fiber connections with telephone are related to PPPOE but I don't know if it's everywhere and don't know the other options what mean... Cable connection is DOCSIS for sure ..it's not the case here ...

Try PPPOe and see how is going ... If you don't know leave "zero" in ATM ....

For me the hard part coming after those settings ... in Flexqos tab ... There is the struggling for me ... :cool:
I want to optimize how much I can all the things together .... but overall now is working fine ....with all support find here ;)
So you mean to say that I should check ATM and then input 0?

I read somewhere ( here maybe ) if you don't know the connection leave "0" ... but I'm pretty sure PPPOE will work for you very well .
Try to read all posts and should you find a solution, because I presume you are not the single one with that issue... but try PPPOE ... this settings do not harm your settings

Last edited:
I read somewhere ( here maybe ) if you don't know the connection leave "0" ... but I'm pretty sure PPPOE will work for you very well . Try
Okay sir. Just last one question: After setting up the Adaptive QoS settings from FlexQoS Github, can I leave it at that or do I have to customize in the FlexQoS tab?

HARD QUESTION ....
Normally you could leave as it is ... and see how it's work for you ...
The idea is to go to the customize tab and try to put things in order / place to optimize all traffic for your personal needs.... but is a great BUT here ... in this section I do not qualification to guide you, because I told you .. I'm struggle myself here to find the best settings.
Conclusion: It's not necessary to go to customize if everything works well for you now

HARD QUESTION ....
Normally you could leave as it is ... and see how it's work for you ...
The idea is to go to the customize tab and try to put things in order / place to optimize all traffic for your personal needs.... but is a great BUT here ... in this section I do not qualification to guide you, because I told you .. I'm struggle myself here to find the best settings.
Conclusion: It's not necessary to go to customize if everything works well for you now
Okay mate, thank you for all of the help. I really appreciate it! :D

If you ever come back to flex....it sound like you might not have your QOS settings adjusted correctly. Whats your upload/download speed? What do you have set in those fields? Provide some screenshots and we can try to help.
I have reinstalled this weekend, and seems to be working much better (not sure why i seem to have all the same settings). I would like to have my sons PS4 be considered gaming nomatter what it is doing
(streaming, gaming,etc) will the attach rule do this correctly. (the ps4s ip is .198)
ip.png

Okay mate, thank you for all of the help. I really appreciate it!

Good luck... I'm pleased I can help ... few days ago I have the same questions like you ... and I know how hard is to find answers.

Take some time and read this post from page 1 and will find answers to your possible problems regard optimize traffic - GAMING / STREAMING and others ...
If everything go very well, your job is done, until next device need more "room" in the traffic rules ...
Also the last Merlin firmware is a must, depends what device do you have ... I think in the near future some updates from DAVE is possible to be here ;)

I would like to have my sons PS4 be considered gaming nomatter what it is doing
(

I'm trilled to find the answer .. I'm in a same situation but I have different rule created ... I don't know how is the perfect rule

Attachments

• iprules.jpg
    iprules.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 145
I have reinstalled this weekend, and seems to be working much better (not sure why i seem to have all the same settings). I would like to have my sons PS4 be considered gaming nomatter what it is doing
(streaming, gaming,etc) will the attach rule do this correctly. (the ps4s ip is .198)View attachment 25478
I would recommend to put !80,443 as Remote Port into your Gaming rule to make sure that game downloads do not show up there.

I'm trilled to find the answer .. I'm in a same situation but I have different rule created ... I don't know how is the perfect rule
You could combine it into one rule if you remove the local IP address. Then it would apply to every device.

Something like this ? combine with the advice for other user rlj2.
Thx KANJI San

iprules 1.jpg

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!