What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS - DNS over TLS Beta - CLOSED

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your conversation and explanation, gentlemen. Encrypted DNS IS DA COOLEST!

Must have something wrong in my CleanBrowsing add for stubby. Or, they do not support DNSSEC even though they say they do...

This (notice the IPV6 address is kept out) has worked for me, I think I had strict DNSSEC off though...
Mine-
"Cleanbrowsing",185.228.168.10,,853,adult-filter-dns.cleanbrowsing.org,,,yes,yes
Yours-
"Cleanbrowsing-Adult",185.228.168.10:853,2a0d:2a00:1::1,853,adult-filter-dns.cleanbrowsing.org,,,yes,yes

Pretty much the same, first name and IPV6 are different though. Wait, the port number after the IP address is different as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must have something wrong in my CleanBrowsing add for stubby. Or, they do not support DNSSEC even though they say they do...
You included the port number on the ipv4 addresses....the port is a separate field

EDIT: Cleanbrowsing looks like a legitimate service. I already built the final release, but will add them to be picked up by the updater script.

Attachments

• cleanbrowsing.png
    cleanbrowsing.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 390
Early access to the new release for Beta testers!

While I make some changes to the final release notes, the formal release of DoT support (34E3/34L3) is now available at
Download http://bit.ly/1UGjcOX

Changes since the last beta release
  • The log file has now been fixed and can be found at /var/tmp/stubby/stubby.log
  • The name of the nvram variable to set the loglevel has been changed from stubby_log to stubby_loglevel for clarity
  • The popup help for DNSSEC now includes info on strict mode
  • The dnsmasq syslog for sites that do not support DNSSEC now include the failing domain
  • Fix for being prompted to select DoT servers, even if DoT is not enabled
  • An updater for the DoT resolvers list is now included - run 'stubby-update-resolvers.sh' from the command line. Some new resolvers have already been added since the final build, so an update is recommended.
  • Hovering on a DoT selection will now provide a popup with the details associated with that server

Thanks again to all those who participated in the Beta. Your feedback was invaluable.

34E3 running well on my RT-AC66U_B1 after update from the Beta.
For those who created a custom stubby-resolvers.csv and made changes to NVRAM, running the script 'stubby-update-resolvers.sh' from a terminal (Putty in my case) downloaded a new file in /jffs/etc/ and set the NVRAM entry accordingly.

Thanks John!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!