What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Question about UPnP. For some reason most apps don't appear in System Log - Port forwarding list, if I enable UPnP inside them. So far only qBittorrent seem to appear here. Is it normal? If I port forward manually through Windows or in router virtual servers - they do appear there.
Screenshot:
z8hWKKx.png
This page isn’t a log in the traditional sense, it’s only a list of active forwards. Any UPNP leases that have expired will not show up there. So unless there’s an active port forward happening you won’t see anything

This page isn’t a log in the traditional sense, it’s only a list of active forwards. Any UPNP leases that have expired will not show up there. So unless there’s an active port forward happening you won’t see anything
I see. Then how can you comment this?
xzpzCDh.png

Notice connections to port 5723. This port is not in port forwarding table, but apparently it's working.
It could be from time when I manually forwarded this port in Windows (and then removed this rule) and now it's still connectable for some reason, no matter if I enable/disable UPnP in the application.

Notice connections to port 5723. This port is not in port forwarding table, but apparently it's working.
I don’t think I follow, is that not what you expected to be the case? It’s possible I am misunderstanding.

I don’t think I follow, is that not what you expected to be the case? It’s possible I am misunderstanding.
It didn't work when I just enabled UPnP, but worked after i manually forwarded the port in Windows. Even after removal of that setting, it keeps being open, disregarding UPnP setting in app.
Forwarding port in Windows made it appear in Port Forwarding immediately.
Forwarding via UPnP does nothing.

It didn't work when I just enabled UPnP, but worked after i manually forwarded the port in Windows. Even after removal of that setting, it keeps being open, disregarding UPnP setting in app.
Forwarding port in Windows made it appear in Port Forwarding immediately.
Forwarding via UPnP does nothing.
How are you "manually forwarding the port in Windows"?

Windows Explorer -> Network -> Right-click on a router -> General -> Settings -> Add
Then I'd have to conclude it's an issue with the application as UPnP is working for you via Windows and qBittorrent. Look for errors in the application's logs.

EDIT: Did you say your router is double-NATed?

Then I'd have to conclude it's an issue with the application as UPnP is working for you via Windows and qBittorrent. Look for errors in the application's logs.

EDIT: Did you say your router is double-NATed?
The issue is that port forward keeps the port open forever, UPnP is supposed to be more secure. I will try 380 merlin next week to see if it resolves the issue.

Yes, I get 10/8 address from ISP and my home network is in 192.168/16, but I also have a static external IP.

Yes, I get 10/8 address from ISP and my home network is in 192.168/16, but I also have a static external IP.
If your router's WAN address is 10.0.0.0/8 then that could be why some of your applications aren't using UPnP. I've seen some BitTorrent clients that wouldn't use UPnP if the router didn't have a public IP address.

I found here: https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/firewall/upnp/miniupnpd
external_ip - Manually specified external IP - if not specified the default ipv4 address of the external interface is used.
Would this help? How can I specify it for miniupnpd on merlin 374 firmware? Tried /etc/upnp/config but it's overwritten on restart.

UPD: Looks like I found how RMerlin fixed it in his firmware: https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/444
Any chance this fix can be backported to 374?

UPD2: Looks like it's resolved in latest version? https://github.com/miniupnp/miniupnp/issues/433

Last edited:
I found here: https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-user/firewall/upnp/miniupnpd
external_ip - Manually specified external IP - if not specified the default ipv4 address of the external interface is used.
Would this help? How can I specify it for miniupnpd on merlin 374 firmware?

UPD: Looks like I found how RMerlin fixed it in his firmware: https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/issues/444
Any chance this fix can be backported to 374?

UPD2: Looks like it's resolved in latest version? https://github.com/miniupnp/miniupnp/issues/433
@john9527 Can you take a look at this please?

https://github.com/RMerl/asuswrt-merlin.ng/commit/8eb3ee64a882a6f45d183ae11f3a5ebab94c9e1a

Update-44D9 uploaded in the development folder...

- Updates miniupnpd to latest Merlin with CGNAT fix
- Fix for CVE-2018-20336
- Timezone settings now include defaults for each zone
- Updated OUI db, CA bundle, nano
- Other misc fixes listed in the Changelog

Thanks! Getting this in system log now:
miniupnpd[467]: SoapMethod: Unknown: GetPortMappingNumberOfEntries urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:1
But it does seem to work much better now!
Yqo5O0z.png

AceStream didn't show up before and now it does and the port is open! Perfect!

Thanks! Getting this in system log now:
miniupnpd[467]: SoapMethod: Unknown: GetPortMappingNumberOfEntries urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:1
That message is actually coming from miniupnpc, which hasn't been updated since 2014 (either Merlin or my fork). I just pulled the latest snapshot and will try to do a build for you to try.

It could be from time when I manually forwarded this port in Windows (and then removed this rule) and now it's still connectable for some reason, no matter if I enable/disable UPnP in the application.
It seems like it could be a problem with eapd as if I change the security type to open it works fine. Ive tried doing killall eapd and then running eapd after a couple seconds but it doesnt resolve.
@john9527 does this fork use different naming for the nvram ifname variables?
If not is there anything I am missing?
Thank You!

Code:
#!/bin/sh
PATH="/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:${PATH}"
robocfg vlan 4 ports "0t 5t"
vconfig add eth0 4
ifconfig vlan4 up

brctl addbr br1
brctl delif br0 wl0.1
brctl delif br0 wl1.1
brctl addif br1 wl0.1
brctl addif br1 wl1.1
brctl addif br1 vlan4
ifconfig br1 up

nvram set lan_ifnames="vlan1 eth1 eth2"
nvram set lan_ifname="br0"
nvram set lan1_ifnames="vlan4 wl0.1 wl1.1"
nvram set lan1_ifname="br1"

killall eapd
sleep 5
eapd

- Updates miniupnpd to latest Merlin with CGNAT fix
- Fix for CVE-2018-20336
- Timezone settings now include defaults for each zone
- Updated OUI db, CA bundle, nano
- Other misc fixes listed in the Changelog
And if anyone forgot how to find our favorite Development folder, it’s here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ainhp1nBLzMJiF2l3WjM46lSmxrH

At least one thing...you are missing an

nvram commit

before the 'killall eapd' statement

Haven't run vlans in a while, since I had it set up on an AP. But it's on my todo list to implement exactly what you are doing.
Thanks for the quick reply! It was under my impression that those variables do not survive a reboot anyway so there is no need to do a commit. The interesting thing is if I am at the latest v44E5 firmware and run the scripts in my services start file on jffs I get an incorrect password error when trying to connect to the networks. However if I do an in place upgrade from your fork to rmerlins firmware then everything starts working, that's why I'm wondering if there is some different syntax I should be using between the firmware's (maybe the nvram ifnames, or how I am restarting eapd).

Thank you for your help!

Hello. I don't know if this is the right place to post this, so feel free to redirect me if that's the case. I have an Asus AC66U with the latest stable build (3.0.0.4.374.43_44E5j9527). For many months (so this started with a previous build, although I don't know who's fault is it), whenever the modem's internet connection drops (because of ISP fault, power goes down or whatever reason) and then get's back up, the router takes forever (10,15,20 minutes) to pick the WAN connection again. It simply says disconnected in the home/network map UI. If I do a quick internet setup, sometimes that fixes the problem, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't been able to find a reproducible series of steps to fix the problem each time it happens. Any ideas on what might be happening? The internet connection is though cablemodem automatic IP. Nothing fancy in my router's configuration I think. Thanxs

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!