What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@elece Maybe your modem simply doesn't have a working internet connection straight away and it's nothing to do with the router. Look in the modem's log file and also the router's syslog for useful messages. You could also try setting WAN > Internet Connection > DHCP query frequency to Continuous Mode.

44D9 running great in my simple config. Thanks again and again!

@elece Maybe your modem simply doesn't have a working internet connection straight away and it's nothing to do with the router. Look in the modem's log file and also the router's syslog for useful messages. You could also try setting WAN > Internet Connection > DHCP query frequency to Continuous Mode.
Hi. It takes 2-3 minutes to synchronize (I tried with a different router and when all the modem's lights stop blinking, internet is fully working and the router gets the public IP). I will try changing the DHCP query frequency.

Is there an nvram command to supply upnp with external ip? Or is it not needed now with latest development release?

Just tested some more and seems that when use client2 and policybase routing VPN - status working.
Not working when use point to point connection, otherwise everything work fine. (I have turned compress off)
@john9527 @ColinTaylor

View attachment 23906

Thank you for new D9 build, seems to solve display status on clients than not working before.
Seems listen to right interface now. (Not using compress)

D9-client1.vpn.jpg

@john9527 @ColinTaylor

Thank you for new D9 build, seems to solve display status on clients than not working before.
Interesting.....but still missing data (it should still show all fields). I did put a check in the code to bypass bad/missing data, so that's why you are seeing something now.
I'm still thinking it's somehow related to your locale settings (the numbers are formatted with a space for thousands separator).
I'll do a debug build for you to try that will put up some alert popups with data for you to capture.
(Build for AC56U based on your signature, correct?)

Interesting.....but still missing data (it should still show all fields). I did put a check in the code to bypass bad/missing data, so that's why you are seeing something now.
I'm still thinking it's somehow related to your locale settings (the numbers are formatted with a space for thousands separator).
I'll do a debug build for you to try that will put up some alert popups with data for you to capture.
(Build for AC56U based on your signature, correct?)
Yes, D9
This router use CGN-nat eg 100. ip-number

Thanks! Getting this in system log now:
miniupnpd[467]: SoapMethod: Unknown: GetPortMappingNumberOfEntries urn:schemas-upnp-org:service:WANIPConnection:1
I put up an Update-44D9-Pass2 folder which picks up the latest miniupnpc which supplies that message. (Also fixed the Description field overflow in your screenshot :) )
Let's see if that helps.

Seems listen to right interface now. (Not using compress)
Can you SSH into your router and post the output of this command please?
Code:
cat /etc/openvpn/client1/status

@octopus
Missed the forest for the trees :oops:
Please provide the output @ColinTaylor suggested....
Code:
hobbit@RT-AC56U-7EE8:/tmp/home/root# cat /etc/openvpn/client1/status
OpenVPN STATISTICS
Updated,Mon Jul  6 16:50:42 2020
TUN/TAP read bytes,11801062
TUN/TAP write bytes,4411407
TCP/UDP read bytes,4812970
TCP/UDP write bytes,12196552
Auth read bytes,4419663
END

@octopus @ColinTaylor
OK....recreated it. I've never seen it not return fields for compression before, even with compression set to Disabled or None it would just return the headings and '0' for the datao_O
The lack of any fields there broke my data reordering when creating the table. Simple fix for the next release.

@octopus @ColinTaylor
OK....recreated it. I've never seen it not return fields for compression before, even with compression set to Disabled or None it would just return the headings and '0' for the datao_O
The lack of any fields there broke my data reordering when creating the table. Simple fix for the next release.
I couldn't figure out the cause. It sorta looked like it had been compiled without the USE_COMP option being set. Did some sort of compiler default change in 2.4.9?

I couldn't figure out the cause. It sorta looked like it had been compiled without the USE_COMP option being set. Did some sort of compiler default change in 2.4.9?
Not that I'm aware of (and still works like it always had for me). I'm wondering if it's something done on the server he's connecting to????

It shouldn't be necessary to make any other changes after the latest fix.
Thanks! Just out of curiosity then, does UPnP now get external IP automatically and if not, why is it not needed? I don't seem to fully understand how UPnP works behind double NAT, hehe.

Thanks! Just out of curiosity then, does UPnP now get external IP automatically and if not, why is it not needed? I don't seem to fully understand how UPnP works behind double NAT, hehe.
The UPnP daemon can use STUN to determine the public IP address but also checks that the router's WAN address is not a private address. The miniupnpd developer changed the behaviour of the daemon recently to block forwarding in a double-NAT situation. Merlin and John have to patch their code to revert this change. Unfortunately with the latest version of miniupnpd the developer snuck in another change to block double-NAT. So John had to revert that change as well.

The original discussion about this behaviour is here.

Last edited:
Not that I'm aware of (and still works like it always had for me). I'm wondering if it's something done on the server he's connecting to????
Im connecting to my own vpnserver over internet. Merlin 384.18 build.
Do I need to load your test build?

The UPnP daemon can use STUN to determine the public IP address but also checks that the router's WAN address is not a private address. The miniupnpd developer changed the behaviour of the daemon recently to block forwarding in a double-NAT situation. Merlin and John have to patch their code to revert this change. Unfortunately with the latest version of miniupnpd the developer snuck in another change to block double-NAT. So John had to revert that change as well.

The original discussion about this behaviour is here.
Is it using STUN on 374 LTS now by default? I have static external IP behind the "private" address, wouldn't it be better if I supplied it somehow to miniupnpd?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!