What's new

Release [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 51E3

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use YasFi, so not sure of its inner workings, but if it allows you to set up nameservers for each subnet I could see where it could lead to the same situation I'm thinking about.
okay I'll try asking in the YazFi thread

hmmm actually now im not sure whether it is the router at all... im finding the dns resolve speed to be particularly bad when im running windows 10,
but i dual boot with windows 7, and on 7 it is absolutely fine.

For the life of me I can't figure out whats going on. need to do some more testing on various devices to figure out if it's OS specific, device specific or across my network.... ugh so frustrating

Well just wanted to update, couldn't figure out the issue even with the help of Jack Yaz. Decided to go the whole smash. Wiped the JFFS partition and Did a hard reset of the router and reconfigured it from scratch.

So far everything is working fine now. Next step will reinstall entware then wait a day or two, then if still ok will install yazfi.

Hopefully this time things will be okay

Hi, on AC56U have all newer firmwares a bug with IPTV. Last good was release 49E4 from 2.5.2021. On all newer after some minutes of watching is iptv stopped due to unstabile stream. This matter was ok on firmwares from 46E9 to 49e4.372.5.20214.43_49E4j9527

(Merlin LTS fork)​

Hi, on AC56U have all newer firmwares a bug with IPTV. Last good was release 49E4 from 2.5.2021. On all newer after some minutes of watching is iptv stopped due to unstabile stream. This matter was ok on firmwares from 46E9 to 49e4.372.5.20214.43_49E4j9527

(Merlin LTS fork)​
I try and stay away from touching anything to do with IPTV (it's really messy code), and haven't touched the AC56 wireless in a long time (you didn't see how you are connected).

Only thing that comes to mind is that I did pick up a new getdns/stubby. If you are using stubby/DoT DNS, I forgot to back out an upstream commit that I don't include in my fork. It's a udp packet size check that while technically correct, in my experience doesn't play nice in the real world internet.
You may want to try the 52D1 build in the Development downloads which includes this change.

I have my stubby.log save to a usb drive. I have noticed larger than normal stubby.log files, mostly due to the presence of large areas of nul in the file. Is anyone else seeing big spaces in their stubby.log files?

I have my stubby.log save to a usb drive. I have noticed larger than normal stubby.log files, mostly due to the presence of large areas of nul in the file. Is anyone else seeing big spaces in their stubby.log files?
@john9527 My guess is that this fix has got lost (mode w changed to mode a):

I have noticed larger than normal stubby.log files, mostly due to the presence of large areas of nul in the file.
My guess is that this fix has got lost (mode w changed to mode a):
I knew I remembered this....you called it.

52E2 is up in the development folder with the fix (will be the next formal release when I can get the release docs done).

On all betas after 51e3 on my rt-n66u ipv6 page is broken missing left and top side of page menus and on dns part it says placeholder.

Last edited:
On all betas after 51e3 on my rt-n66u ipv6 page is broken missing left and top side of page menus and on dns part it says placeholder.

@john9527 I am experiencing the same behavior of a broken IPv6 page on my RT-AC68P since 51D7 iirc.

Could be related to this change, but purely speculation on my part...

* CHANGED: webui: webui: reboot all except ac68U when disabling native ipv6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!