What's new

Good no subscription parental control WiFi system

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cloudbuster

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Is there a WiFi mesh that is easy to use to control kids internet time and only allow a specific webpage with no subscriptions?

I saw the Disney circle but it seem is subscription base.
Also found the pcwrt WiFi router but no app or mesh.

Is there something similar to Disney with a good App and no ongoing fee.

thanks.

You could use any mesh setup the allows you to control dns settings. To be honest though it might not be as good as something you pay for. Even when you get into corporate routers you will find subscriptions for block list type stuff.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.cloudflare.com/introducing-1-1-1-1-for-families/amp/

Keep in mind, you may want a separate network for the adults that has normal dns servers or you’ll need to change the dns on each device you want to have unfiltered access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If in Canada, then there is also CIRA's Canadian Shield.

Have you looked into a Antivirus software package like Norton 360? (see family.norton.com) Once you install it on your kids device, then it can allow you all the flexibility whether the device uses WiFi or Cellular data.

Norton? No. :eek:

:D

Have you looked into a Antivirus software package like Norton 360? (see family.norton.com) Once you install it on your kids device, then it can allow you all the flexibility whether the device uses WiFi or Cellular data.

I’ll give you one thing- it will follow the device it’s installed on. No matter what network you use it will be there. On the same token, Norton is a invasive beast that takes a lot of resources of the host it “infects”. I used them for many years until ditching them for web root as a main antivirus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@cloudbuster - I believe Gryphon may fit the bill if you haven't already checked it out. Meshable. Decent parental control feature set, including time limits and filtering, and no subscriptions, as far as I can tell.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!