What's new

GT-AC5300 NEW Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.384.81695

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cc666

Very Senior Member
Installed and working perfectly:

https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/ROG-Rapture-GT-AC5300/HelpDesk_BIOS/

Version 3.0.0.4.384.816952020/03/2659.29 MBytes

ASUS GT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.81695
1. Update Adaptive QoS categories: Help you to prioritize the mission-critical applications
Those people who work-from-home & learn-from-home will greatly benefit from this new feature with optimized streaming experiences.
New Supported Categories & Apps:
- Video conferencing, including Microsoft Teams®, ZOOM®, Skype®, Google Hangouts®, BlueJeans®
- Online learning, including Khan academy®, Udemy®, Coursera®, TED®, VIPKiD®, 51Talk®, XDF®, Xueersi®
- Streaming, including YouTube®, Netflix®, HBO NOW®, Amazon Prime Video®, Disney+®, ESPN®, MLB.com®, iQIY®
- Indoor training, including Zwift®, Peloton®, Onelap®
Stay tuned and more apps are coming to the list soon!

2. Support Mobile Game Mode
- One-click prioritizing your mobile device to the highest and ensure you the best mobile gaming experiences.
- Install/Update ASUS Router App (Android supports later than 1.0.0.5.44; iOS supports later than 1.0.0.5.41)

Please unzip the firmware file first and then check the MD5 code.
MD5: de0b887a2b75115f47729ada966106b1

CC

Does this have dhcp continuous mode in wan available like a third most instead of just agressive and normal?

Has anyone gotten SSH to work? Telnet is ok but SSH will not work. Anyone else?

CC

I can ssh to my GT-AC5300 running 81695.
No need to renew the SSH key or anything else. It's just working after upgrade.
It's one of my checks after every upgrade.

I can ssh to my GT-AC5300 running 81695.
No need to renew the SSH key or anything else. It's just working after upgrade.
It's one of my checks after every upgrade.

Thats the error I am getting. How do I fix the SSH key?

CC

Most if not all SSH clients are saving ssh key into a file called known_hosts.
It's a text file, open it with an ordinary text editor and delete the paragraph that starts with ip address or name of your router and ends with an =. Save the file and that's all.

Most if not all SSH clients are saving ssh key into a file called known_hosts.
It's a text file, open it with an ordinary text editor and delete the paragraph that starts with ip address or name of your router and ends with an =. Save the file and that's all.

That worked perfectly, Thank you!

CC

Any reports on stability?

Just got a notification on my router interface to upgrade.

Currently on 3.0.0.4.384_81099 - not gonna lie - the router has been giving me issues, to put it lightly.

Don't upgrade - flakey wireless connectivity keeps dropping out, riddled with bugs...
that's what i found. I upgraded and within 2 days i started to experience wireless clients dropping off. Rebooting router would fix things for a day or so then same issue. I downgraded and all is well again.

that's what i found. I upgraded and within 2 days i started to experience wireless clients dropping off. Rebooting router would fix things for a day or so then same issue. I downgraded and all is well again.

What version are you running?

CC

Don't upgrade - flakey wireless connectivity keeps dropping out, riddled with bugs...

Same here!

played with multiple settings and a few hard resets. Nothing works and have to reboot almost daily to bring back the wifi and aimesh network. Please asus update asap!

Yes, they built it. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!