What's new

GT-AXE16000 Owner's Thread

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does this model support Wireguard clients + vpn director + killswitch + merlinfw?
Thinking about upgrading my GT-AX11000.
Wireguard is not available for this model yet, Asus is still on firmware 386 at this time.

I see little reason to "upgrade" from a GT-AX11000 to this, unless you need the 10 Gbps port for your ISP.

Wireguard is not available for this model yet, Asus is still on firmware 386 at this time.

I see little reason to "upgrade" from a GT-AX11000 to this, unless you need the 10 Gbps port for your ISP.
Good to know. I guess I'll wait then.
Thanks.

Has anyone noticed an electrical buzzing noise coming from their router? Mine is doing this and while I can't notice it unless I'm standing right at the router it does concern me a bit.

OK I just got this router. And was wondering how is Merlin's firmware on it compared to stock? Any issues or missing features that I should know about if I switch to Merlin's firmware? I have always used Merlin's firmware in the past, but I know this is a fairly new router so was just unsure.

OK I just got this router. And was wondering how is Merlin's firmware on it compared to stock? Any issues or missing features that I should know about if I switch to Merlin's firmware? I have always used Merlin's firmware in the past, but I know this is a fairly new router so was just unsure.
This isn't that new really, it was released in January 2021. The ROG GT-AX6000 is a year new year, if these even mean anything.
I think Merlin's is the previous one, as the current firmware from Asus is September 13. These fixes were listed on Asus website: "
1. Fixed GUI bugs
2. Fixed AiMesh bugs
3. Improved system stability"

AW OK. Maybe I'll still with the stock Asus firmware until Merlin's next release for this router...

I tried to schedule allowed access hours for one device, that worked but....at all times and for all devices ;-)

Guess I will try again when the next version arrives

What is the performance of the GT-AXE16000 OPENVPN client?
More than AC86u about 200mbit throughput?
THX

What is the performance of the GT-AXE16000 OPENVPN client?
More than AC86u about 200mbit throughput?
THX
i get 240/210 on speedtest.net

Last edited:
The GT-AXE16000 looks sexy, with those 10gig ports. But $899.00 price tag. Just can't do it.
The retail price is $699.99, not $899. There's people/companies selling them over msrp on Amazon. But ones officially sold by Asus for $699.99 are trickling out.

That said, $699.99 is still very pricey.

So far enjoying mine.

The retail price is $699.99, not $899. There's people/companies selling them over msrp on Amazon. But ones officially sold by Asus for $699.99 are trickling out.

That said, $699.99 is still very pricey.

So far enjoying mine.

Newegg.com also has them for $699 right now. Newegg has revised their return policy to be much more friendly, I'd go back and use them now after swearing them off several years ago *smile*.

MERLIN FIRMWARE 388.1 JUST RELASE FOR AXE16000
With wireguard support

Untitled.jpg

Newegg.com also has them for $699 right now. Newegg has revised their return policy to be much more friendly, I'd go back and use them now after swearing them off several years ago *smile*.
For anyone thinking of purchasing this model...I was able to get it with delivery and taxes for approx. $640 from B&H.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!