What's new

DNScrypt Help debugging dnscrypt-proxy2 crashes

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think that error is related to user 'nobody' not being able to access the tmp file. I've never seen that error before today.

I tried installing the amtm version and for some reason my SSH session was terminated in the middle of the install. Now I can't seem to uninstall it. No matter how many times I tell it to uninstall, it shows in amtm as installed.

All the files are still there, but uninstall refuses to do anything.

I tried rebooting the router and re-installing and trying to uninstall. Still no luck.

Option 9 did it.
I think the uninstall everything broke something. Now I can't use OPKG to do anything. This is what I get:

Code:
admin@RT-AX86U-AA28:/jffs# opkg update
Downloading https://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/Packages.gz
*** Failed to download the package list from https://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/Packages.gz

Collected errors:
 * opkg_download: Failed to download https://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/Packages.gz, wget returned 5.

All better now. After uninstalling my time wouldn't sync. Manually forcing a sync fixed it.

Then I had a vague recollection that I used to have a similar problem years ago and I had to put the PREARGS="nohup" in /etc/init.d/S09dnscrypt-proxy. Trying that now.

I think that error is related to user 'nobody' not being able to access the tmp file. I've never seen that error before today.

I tried installing the amtm version and for some reason my SSH session was terminated in the middle of the install. Now I can't seem to uninstall it. No matter how many times I tell it to uninstall, it shows in amtm as installed.
You have to chown nobody:nobody the server file and server.md to set right permissions because dnscrypt proxy fails to do this after downloading

dnsmasq does have no-resolv. It's in the default config file (not in dnsmasq.config.add).

I don't know what a server file is, but the opennic.md and the minisign file are the only thing that appear to be generated. I can try those. For the time being, though, we've ruled out running as 'nobody' curing the issue. Since there's no error in the logs I'm presuming something is closing dnscrypt-proxy on purpose, I just don't know how to find out what or why.

dnsmasq does have no-resolv. It's in the default config file (not in dnsmasq.config.add).

I don't know what a server file is, but the opennic.md and the minisign file are the only thing that appear to be generated. I can try those. For the time being, though, we've ruled out running as 'nobody' curing the issue. Since there's no error in the logs I'm presuming something is closing dnscrypt-proxy on purpose, I just don't know how to find out what or why.
All better now. After unin>/dev/null 2>&1 </dev/null &stalling my time wouldn't sync. Manually forcing a sync fixed it.

Then I had a vague recollection that I used to have a similar problem years ago and I had to put the PREARGS="nohup" in /etc/init.d/S09dnscrypt-proxy. Trying that now.
I believe you are into something

nohup as pre args
And
>/dev/null 2>&1 </dev/null &

At the end of the launch config command

My current working theory is that when the router gets close to 100% memory something is killing dnscrypt-proxy. It is by far the largest consumer of ram on the system.