What's new

[HELP/QUESTION] Multiple APs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dhan27

New Around Here
good day to everyone.

so I'm connected to my neighbor's wifi [Brand: CD-R King, Model: WR-NET-030-ZI]

then I logged in on the wifi's web settings [192.168.1.1]

then I stumble upon to the Multiple APs, and it hit me,

what if, my neighbor changed the wifi password? then I'm screwed!

so what if that settings [Multiple APs][Screenshot: wifi.png] can serve as Evil Twin? where, when my neighbor changed the wifi password, I can still connect to the secondary AP and access the original AP via secondary AP that I just created.

so my question is, was that possible? I included a screenshot for you. thanks :)

Attachments

• wifi.png
    wifi.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
If you can log into the AP's, then changing the passphrase would be redundant.
what? I don't wanna change the psk.. I just need to create a clone of that AP. so whenever they change the psk I might still be connected to the clone.
then access the original AP via clone. thanks for reply..

so I'm connected to my neighbor's wifi [Brand: CD-R King, Model: WR-NET-030-ZI]

then I logged in on the wifi's web settings [192.168.1.1]

then I stumble upon to the Multiple APs, and it hit me,

what if, my neighbor changed the wifi password? then I'm screwed!

I certainly hope your neighbor is aware that you're logging into his WiFi (and Access Point)... if not, then legally you may be screwed...

I certainly hope your neighbor is aware that you're logging into his WiFi (and Access Point)... if not, then legally you may be screwed...

funny things, here in Philippines, there isn't actually a law that forbids of hacking my neighbor's wifi.

Likely not possible - the device is a single AP, broadcasting multiple SSID's, and your neighbor can change things at any time.

If you guys get along well, I'd suggest sitting down with him and offer to split the cost, making it a win-win for both, eh?

Likely not possible - the device is a single AP, broadcasting multiple SSID's, and your neighbor can change things at any time.

If you guys get along well, I'd suggest sitting down with him and offer to split the cost, making it a win-win for both, eh?
take a look at the image uploaded.
there's an option for multiple aps, so i'm assuming that's for the secondary ssid?

there's an option for multiple aps, so i'm assuming that's for the secondary ssid?

yes... there's only one AP, but with multiple SSID's, it appears as multiple AP's... something lost in translation, e.g. chinglish...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!