What's new

High CPU

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clvk07

Hi It seems that the AC88U has high CPU since the upgrade to 384.7 (and 72).

21374 1 admin R 1500 0.2 0 49.6 /usr/sbin/acsd

this process shows always 50% of cpu and in the asus screen core 1 or core 2 reach 100% at any given time. How can I identify what is causing this?

If you are running Merlin, install Entware and then open a SSH terminal and install htop.

Run htop. It's a command line resource monitor.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If you are using auto channel selection on either band, try setting both to a fixed channel.

installed HTOP but seems to give same info as TOP.....

Only running 2.4GHZ band. usually if I kill the process or reboot the rooter it fixes the problem. (until it happens again).

I guess there is no way to know who is using /usr/sbin/acsd?

I guess there is no way to know who is using /usr/sbin/acsd?

acsd = Auto Channel Selection Daemon...the wireless.....

You might try turning off all your wireless clients, then turning them back on one by one to see if it's a specific client causing problems.

acsd = Auto Channel Selection Daemon...the wireless.....

You might try turning off all your wireless clients, then turning them back on one by one to see if it's a specific client causing problems.

Get It now.... will try that next time if happens

@clvk07
I'm just thinking out loud....do you have any clients that were bought in or are set to a different region from your router? Is your router operating in a different region from where it was purchased?

I'm getting this issue now with Merlin 384.15. CPU running hot with acsd.

Just default wireless settings.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

ACSD is used to scan and select low-interference channels, so if SMART-connect is on and/or auto-channel is selected then setting a fixed channel for each frequency band may alleviate the issue (a cell phone Wi-Fi Analyzer app can help identify the least congested channel). A client, such as a new phone (or older smart-tv), is a more likely culprit than a remote attack.