What's new

How do i compile Lcd4linux so it works on Asuswrt-Merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Esp1

New Around Here
I'm trying to use a Matrix Orbital Serial LCD to display system info. But the version of lcd4linux which is available is ancient, And has trouble with setting max/min values for bars. If i do not specify a value the bars work, but for things that do not fluctuate much the bar is always full. If the max value is set the bar is always empty. Found some information that suggested this to be a known error in the release that is available in optware.

So i want to compile from the newest source, but i do not know how to do it.

Can anyone help?

Have you looked at the Entware version?

Code:
admin@stargate2:/tmp/home/root# opkg list | grep lcd
lcd4linux-full - r1187-1 - LCD4Linux is a small program that grabs information from the kernel and some subsystems and displays it on an external liquid crystal display. . This package contains a version of LCD4Linux built with all supported drivers and plugins.

Yes, forgot to mention it. It just gives an error and won't start. And the time i got i t to start, it would only display half of my lcd4linux display...

With the entware version i get the bar to scale properly (i can set the min/max value) but a lot of other information is not working.

Last edited:
Try contacting ryzhov_al, the Entware maintainer. If there is a newer version that works better he could probably update the Entware version.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!