How do I isolate ASUS XT8 guest wireless network

• ATTENTION! As of November 1, 2020, you are not able to reply to threads 6 months after the thread is opened if there are more than 500 posts in the thread.
    Threads will not be locked, so posts may still be edited by their authors.
    Just start a new thread on the topic to post if you get an error message when trying to reply to a thread.

markrowsoft

Occasional Visitor
I attempted
Bash:
nvram set wl0.1_ap_isolate=1
nvram commit
nvram restart

After setting ap_isolate, I was still able to access other hosts on the LAN.
Is there another utility that I should be using?

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Did you reboot afterward? Did you reboot any of the client devices afterward to clear their cache?

markrowsoft

Occasional Visitor
I did reboot. The problem here is that the nvram settings get reset back to default also. Clearly I am missing a step or using the wrong command.
Do you have to save the settings somehow?

Is it even possible to set? The web interface doesn't give you an option to isolate guest networks but it is implied they are isolated by default.

ColinTaylor

Part of the Furniture
AFAIK "nvram restart" is not a valid command.

ap_isolate isolates wireless clients on the same SSID from each other, not other clients on the LAN. Is that what you meant?

markrowsoft

Occasional Visitor
AFAIK "nvram restart" is not a valid command.

ap_isolate isolates wireless clients on the same SSID from each other, not other clients on the LAN. Is that what you meant?
Yes, I was looking for a separate guest network isolated from LAN clients entirely. I guess I misunderstood the feature.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!