What's new

How to auto-run code as a service on Asuswrt-Merlin?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I got empty void in the terminal… there was no prompt after.
That's normal when running it in the foreground.....leave it like that and then test it....If it works, then we'll move it to the background (add the -f option)

I found out how to copy binaries from my mac to the Asus RT-AC68U and run them for a test : )
I'll try the different flavours of compiled ARM binaries on the GitHub and see…
You can directly download to the router using wget, e.g.:

Code:
wget https://github.com/synfinatic/udp-proxy-2020/releases/download/v0.0.8/udp-proxy-2020-0.0.8-linux-arm32

Saves the intermediate step via your PC.

@boerlx
Well, according to this thread

the reason for udp-proxy-2020 is that udp-broadcast-relay didn't work with OpenVPN/tun......sorry for the false hope.

Last edited:
I don't have anything technical to add but I enjoy reading threads where people need and unique solutions to one-off needs. It also feels good to be part of this community where wiliness to help just comes naturally.

Not to boast, but this IS the best community.

@boerlx
Well, according to this thread

the reason for udp-proxy-2020 is that udp-broadcast-relay didn't work with OpenVPN/tun......sorry for the false hope.
OK I see. Thanks for looking into this anyway and thanks to everyone else for the help.
Aaron, the author of the udp-proxy-2020 code, is looking if he can have it built a for ARMv5. We'll see how it goes. If it does I might be back for some advice on how to auto-run at boot.