What's new

How to prevent being hacked again - Router & devices? 😢

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, not using an Asus router (or more specifically, any non-ISP router) is the issue, if the router is what was initially attacked. I also consider the ISP as much of an intruder as anything else on the 'net, BTW.

And of course. Ignore history at your own risk. Learn and adapt from past experiences. This is the way.

The more information I find about this Zyxel router the less likely it seems to me it was hacked. It is often ISP supplied gateway with locked down firmware to basics only. The Zyxel user manual doesn't even apply. Folks say resetting it just brings the service back up as nothing much happened. Made user friendly as possible, zero user configuration needed. In the UK it's offered by Three and EE, for example. If this is your case @MadonnaMustache and you still believe you ware hacked - focus on a client device like PC. Malicious software download by accident, etc. Your phones/tablets are most likely fine as well. For IoTs - search online, there will be noise if something bad happens.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!