What's new

How to route domain from server side lan via remote ovpn client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

j911

Occasional Visitor
I have setup a vpn between my local AX86U which is acting as a OVPN server and an AC86U which is the ovpn client in Pakistan. Clients on either side can talk to each other, I just need my server side client to be able to access a geo restricted website (not your usual streaming services) which are behind the vpn client's WAN. The website in question is https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/

The page loads but I can't access the IMEI registration portion as my IP is from the UK and I get this in red " The Mobile Device Registration facility is exclusively accessible within the territory of Pakistan."

I have setup a vpn between my local AX86U which is acting as a OVPN server and an AC86U which is the ovpn client in Pakistan. Clients on either side can talk to each other, I just need my server side client to be able to access a geo restricted website (not your usual streaming services) which are behind the vpn client's WAN. The website in question is https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/

The page loads but I can't access the IMEI registration portion as my IP is from the UK and I get this in red " The Mobile Device Registration facility is exclusively accessible within the territory of Pakistan."
You could use my domain VPN routing script, thread is in my signature.

Hi
I've installed your script, got the list of domains that need adding to the policy but I need some help in how to set up the policy. So my laptop and vpn server are on the same network in country A. The ovpn client is behind a CGNAT for the wan in country B. I want to be able to browse to a couple of websites which are geo restricted in country B. How should the policy be configured so I can browse those sites through ovpn client in country B?

Server in country A is an AX86U, the client in country B is an AC86U.

Thanks

Hi
I've installed your script, got the list of domains that need adding to the policy but I need some help in how to set up the policy. So my laptop and vpn server are on the same network in country A. The ovpn client is behind a CGNAT for the wan in country B. I want to be able to browse to a couple of websites which are geo restricted in country B. How should the policy be configured so I can browse those sites through ovpn client in country B?

Server in country A is an AX86U, the client in country B is an AC86U.

Thanks
You would install it on the client side, create a policy and assign that policy an interface for the vpn tunnel during creation and then add the respective domains to that policy and then allow the querypolicy function to go out and grab the IPs to route and add to the proper ipset for that policy.

Upon re-reading my description above, I think I've confused both of us or at the very least as your suggestion doesn't make sense to me. So let me try explaining the setup again and the ask.
Country A (this is where I want to access geo restricted content from)
Country B (This is where geo restricted content is)

Setup OVPN Server side (Country A) -------------------(Country B)
Laptop (internal lan) > AX86U (VPN Server) > WAN < AC86U (OVPN Client)

Hope this clarifies the ask and thanks again for your help.

Upon re-reading my description above, I think I've confused both of us or at the very least as your suggestion doesn't make sense to me. So let me try explaining the setup again and the ask.
Country A (this is where I want to access geo restricted content from)
Country B (This is where geo restricted content is)

Setup OVPN Server side (Country A) -------------------(Country B)
Laptop (internal lan) > AX86U (VPN Server) > WAN < AC86U (OVPN Client)

Hope this clarifies the ask and thanks again for your help.
That’s how I understood it and my answer remains the same, set up domain vpn routing on the client side and create your policy and add domains.

When you say client, do you mean the client laptop or the ovpn client ? I created the policy on the AX86U and added OVPNS1 as the interface along with the domain but then I'm unable to access the ovpn client router or any clients on that side.