What's new

Interrupted connections on ZenWiFi AX (XT8)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bringing life back to this thread!

Is still the 42095 the only way to go or is there a new rock solid firmware? I recently updated to the latest firmware but immediately started dropping connection and when having teams meetings (but in general a lot of “connected, no internet) so tried reverting to a firmware from feb 23 that was supposed to be stable according to another forum (3.0.0.4.388_22525) but to no avail.

Next plan is to try 42095 which is crazy considering 2y has passed. Welcome any input!

WARNING// I HAVE XT8 V1 AND THIS FIRMWARE IS ONLY APPLICABLE FOR V1. XT V2 CANNOT USE THIS FIRMWARE AS IT WILL KILL THE DEVICE //

Last edited:
Please use Better Search (top of the screen) to find more relevant threads today.

Please use Better Search (top of the screen) to find more relevant threads today.
Thank you, I've used the search feature and found some discussions in terms of the mentioned driver versions and newer from 2023 but never on topic as much as this thread which is why I felt this was the thread that was most apt for my enquiry (Getting the issue where the device shows "Connected, No Internet" even though the main router has a stable internet connection.

Thanks I have the V1 =) Interesting that it will kill it though

You have V1 but someone will read your post and kill their V2 like it already happened to one user.

The new V2 units have updated hardware and use different firmware. There is a warning in red on Asus support page for a good reason.

You have V1 but someone will read your post and kill their V2 like it already happened to one user.

The new V2 units have updated hardware and use different firmware. There is a warning in red on Asus support page for a good reason.
Ah good input, I've updated the original question with the same warning.

Thank you, I've used the search feature and found some discussions in terms of the mentioned driver versions and newer from 2023 but never on topic as much as this thread which is why I felt this was the thread that was most apt for my enquiry (Getting the issue where the device shows "Connected, No Internet" even though the main router has a stable internet connection.

There is usually a good reason why the old threads are allowed to die.

The newer threads/posts you found are where you should direct your attention to more relevant (today) information.

So, that means nothing has changed for a few vocal users.

Bringing life back to this thread!

Is still the 42095 the only way to go or is there a new rock solid firmware? I recently updated to the latest firmware but immediately started dropping connection and when having teams meetings (but in general a lot of “connected, no internet) so tried reverting to a firmware from feb 23 that was supposed to be stable according to another forum (3.0.0.4.388_22525) but to no avail.

Next plan is to try 42095 which is crazy considering 2y has passed. Welcome any input!

WARNING// I HAVE XT8 V1 AND THIS FIRMWARE IS ONLY APPLICABLE FOR V1. XT V2 CANNOT USE THIS FIRMWARE AS IT WILL KILL THE DEVICE //I

I’ve been on 388.22525 for several months now and it’s rock solid including IoT.

- 2 x XT8 v1
- 1 x AX92U

All connected via Ethernet backhaul (MoCA)

HI Im struggling with the same issue but have Version 2.0 produced in 2023... Does anybody know of a version of the firmware I should go to to fix this issue....

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!