What's new

Is my RT-N56U dead? LAN not working - unid net no net acc

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Schroinx

New Around Here
My router lost it last night and I have spend all morning trying to track down the problem and do a full reset of the router and google-fu for a solution.

What happened is that my wired windows clients lost the internet connections and write "Unidentified Network - No Internet Access" and they cannot get a DHCP assigned ip - and even with a manual assigned ip it does not work.

My lan switch is new and the clients can see each other but not the router. It does say 1 giga in connection to the router.

The wireless side works perfectly.

On the RT-N56U only the orange light is blinking on the lan port.

I have tried a reset and reboots and power cycle it, but with no results.

Any suggestions? Any suggestions for a new router?

Try a complete network shutdown and reboot.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-ac66u-slow-wan-to-lan.12973/page-3#post-269410

Use the suggestions in the link above as needed, the pertinent part for you right now is:

Unplug all network equipment from the AC wall outlets and let them sit for 60 minutes or more if you can (minimum is at least 10 full minutes), including the modem, router, switches, NAS' and all clients/devices.
  • Now, plug in the modem and wait for 5 minutes for it to fully boot up.
  • Plug in the router and wait for 5 minutes for it to fully boot up and settle itself.
  • Plug in any switches and plug in and turn on all clients/devices (I suggest wired devices first).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!