What's new

Is there a way outside ASUS Gui, to manually stop and start WAN?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Marctraider

New Around Here
Is there a way outside ASUS Gui, to manually stop and start WAN?

Sometimes my Internet screws up on me, and the only way to get it working properly ASAP is to reboot my modem two floors down. So i bought a Wifi smart plug etc and whenver it starts screwing up i reboot it automatically.

Anyway, thats not the issue, the issue is that sometimes the router (AC66U on merlin firmware) fails to retrieve the WAN DHCP fast enough probably because its confused. after the modem booted up i get a second of internet WAN (with obtained IP) but sometimes after 1 second i instantly lose it. The (aggressive) DHCP query (which would be 20 seconds tops) doesnt seem to do anything for it.

Fastest way to get it back is to stop and restart WAN in the Asus GUI.
Is there another way (Perhaps telnet) to stop and start the WAN manually without the GUI? So i can implement this in my script.

Thanks.

Edit: Sorry. I should have done a more thorough search. I got it working now through ssh. :)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!