What's new

jffs partition and transmissiuon start scripts

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AndreaS

Regular Contributor
I'm trying to set-up transmission from optware on an ac68u and I easily got it working itself on the 454 firmware.
Now I want to set-up the required initialization scripts to introduce a delay in the start of transmission, enable port forwarding, swap partition and so on. While I wait for a Merlin's new release that includes the new drivers (it may take quite long, as far as I can see), I would like to understand where I can put the above scripts.
The standard firmware already includes a jffs partition, but I'm not sure that the mechanism that enables the execution of the scripts is available on the standard firmware too.
In case that mechanism is not available, does it have any sense to move the S95transmission script to another directory, and put the required scripts in /opt/etc/init.d directory?

Last edited:
Only Merlins firmware support the scripts as far as I know.

But the original firmware should have support to start for example download master, but I don't know how that is done.

It's been nearly two years since I last looked at this on the original firmware, but in my notes I have the following:

Code:
app_set_enabled.sh apache yes

Try replacing "apache" with whatever service you installed through Optware.

Asus did enable the JFFS partition on certain models in recent FW updates, however they don't have all the various user scripts that I implemented.