What's new

reformatting jffs missing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi, please note that your RT-AX88U Pro, like my GT-AX6000, is using UBIFS which is replacing the older JFFS2 filesystem, hence the option to format the JFFS2 partition is not there.,

Hi, please note that your RT-AX88U Pro, like my GT-AX6000, is using UBIFS which is replacing the older JFFS2 filesystem, hence the option to format the JFFS2 partition is not there.,
Well my script says it needs clearing.

So, not knowing, I’d thought I’d redo the jffs from scratch.

How do I re-initialize this area?

i'm using RT-AX88U Pro, 388.2.2 firmware.

under Administration>System, where is the option to format the jfss after a reboot. I doot see it listed.

@RMerlin
Use the forum search. There are a number of past posts on that issue. Some of the newer routers do not have the option. They don't use JFFS, they use UBIFS instead.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/3...g-available-build-s.82784/page-16#post-828581
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...e-for-select-models.84524/page-24#post-840111
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/missing-format-jffs-partition-on-next-boot-option-in-gui.80623/

Those instructions are extremely device specific and should not be used unless you really understand what you're doing.
I fully agree with you and is the reason why I have mentionned "at you own risk".

Last edited:
Maybe your script is wrong.

Do a factory reset (Administration - Restore/Save/Upload Setting) with the "Initialize all the settings..." box ticked. A hard reset should achieve the same thing.

Alternatively, manually delete files from the /jffs partition.
This seems to be where I'm having an issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot (10).png
    Screenshot (10).png
    11.6 KB · Views: 54
Sorry, I don't recognise what that screenshot is from.
I tried to just delete the areas were the spdMerlin files were stored after removing the script using amtm.

Just tried to manually clear it out.

Then this happen.

I wasn’t sure if maybe they were hidden files.

Either way I disabled all scripts for now.

I’ll be nuking the router later.

Good luck to even figuring out what even caused the corruption. It looks like the corruption occurred in the router memory, from what I know.

Good luck to even figuring out what even caused the corruption. It looks like the corruption occurred in the router memory, from what I know.

If you're going to nuke it anyways, make sure you swap out your flashdrive for a nice SSD (recommendations also present in these forums through a search)... you should have much better stability when it comes to corruption issues.

If you're going to nuke it anyways, make sure you swap out your flashdrive for a nice SSD (recommendations also present in these forums through a search)... you should have much better stability when it comes to corruption issues.
It looks like the corruption did not occur in the mounted USB drive. But by either the corruption came in the internal memory of the router.

I have an extra router I think I’m going to set that one up and then swap it.

Colin,

Im setting up another router to replace my gateway router.

trying to set up a router using a different IP, with the DHCP turned off.

the router is not getting a NTP server for updating the time.

Any suggestions?

I was hoping to set this up tonight and them make the switch in the middle of the night.

What is the LAN IP range of your gateway router and what LAN IP range are you using on the new router? They should be different and DHCP should be enabled on the new router.

Do you have the WAN port of your new router connected to one of the LAN ports of your gateway router?

Last edited:
Currently on the new router, 192.168.1.19, DHCP is disabled.

On the old router, 192.168.1.10, the DHCP is still enabled and it is using Yaz static IP addresses.

The two. 5 Gb lane port is connected to my lan.

When I told the new router that the wind connection is disable, the NTP started to work

So it seemed like everything was done correctly now, and then I SSH in the port, 22, and tried to run amtm.

It was unable to download the software start running it

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!