What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on 5.1 Beta testing poll

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you want to beta test Kamoj add-on v5.1b1?

• No, I don't trust 3rd party software

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't use the Voxel firmware

• No, I don't like your add-on

• Total voters
So @kamoj maybe it has a sense to include GNU version of 'date' into R7800 firmware?

I vote for that solution. We would have a more recent and standard date (GNU), and it would be harmonized in R7800 and R9000.

Hello,

I don't generally pay much attention to bandwidth use, but it seems that the bandwidth monitor works OK on my R9000. Just updated Voxel firmware and Kamoj 5.4b5. I will pay more attention to the dates/times/devices listed and compare to another network monitor on my system over the next week or so...

BL
Hello,

Just an update on bandwidth monitoring comparison...

I checked my HTPC usage as shown by the Kamoj Add-on, versus vnstat on the HTPC. The numbers have been close enough that I would say the Add-on's monitoring is working well on my router. The biggest discrepancy was on very small upload totals (e.g 10 Mib), in which case the router would show almost twice the use. However, that evened out as the upload volume increased.

The date/time and other information was consistent and correct too, although I may have to hit refresh once or twice to get the latest date/time to show for individual devices.

BL

@blueliner now the big guys are talking about our router. Lets eat popcorn and take a beer. They will solve it:)
Reading through the conversation that is probably the best contribution I can make!

Thank you all for looking into the date issue between the R7800 and R9000. It seems there may be some options to continue R9000 support and I certainly hope that is feasible without giving Kamoj a big headache. I would hate to loose all that has been gained with the R9000. If there is anything more I can do to help with testing, etc (bearing in mind I only have novice skills), I would be happy to do so.

Until then KW, I will look for that popcorn and beer...

Best wishes,
BL

I wish Voxel could fix the R9000 "date -r" issue.

OK, finally I succeed to fix this. It was not easy to say true. If anybody who knows C/C++ is interested: these are my changes for date.c:

https://github.com/SVoxel/R9000/commit/4fb908ee169c87bfd2e2b2aae808b0d923cb5d5b

Definitely NG/DNI bug. They added additional call of time() function even when using "date -r". And moreover it is still unclear why it works for R7800 (!?). Sleeping bug...

So

* include both version of date renaming GNU date as 'gnudate' or so

This variant to keep the time of @kamoj. I'll release fix version for R9000 tomorrow. Maybe new fix version for R7800 too.

Voxel.

Last edited:
OK, finally I succeed to fix this. It was not easy to say true. If anybody who knows C/C++ is interested: these are my changes for date.c:

https://github.com/SVoxel/R9000/commit/4fb908ee169c87bfd2e2b2aae808b0d923cb5d5b

Definitely NG/DNI bug. They added additional call of time() function even when using "date -r". And moreover it is still unclear why it works for R7800 (!?). Sleeping bug...

So

This variant to keep the time of @kamoj. I'll release fix version for R9000 tomorrow. Maybe new fix version for R7800 too.

Voxel.
Thank you Voxel (Netgear/DNI bug - why am I not surprised)! You guys are awesome...but I did do my part with the popcorn and beer as KW suggested.

Best wishes,
BL

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!