What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on 5.1 Beta testing poll

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you want to beta test Kamoj add-on v5.1b1?

• No, I don't trust 3rd party software

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't use the Voxel firmware

• No, I don't like your add-on

• Total voters
I see that it behaves the same as my original suggestion of using "sort -u -c"
so then it is indeed a more simple solution.

The sort -u -c was good thinking.
This Entware vs no Entware is vicious and can create silent problems. Good catch on that one.

We are a good team here and we are helping each other well, I like this about this community :)

All good guys! You are terrific!:cool:
Directory and file names can contain spaces or even line-feeds.
You will not easy get me to use "ls" when looping... :D

Directory and file names can contain spaces or even line-feeds.
You will not easy get me to use "ls" when looping... :D

Guess you are right. Didn't think of that, but a couple of spaces does break it:
Code:
root@R7800:~$ mv /opt/scripts/firewall-startlog.sh "/opt/scripts/firewall-start                                 log.sh"
root@R7800:~$ for FWS in $(ls --color=never /opt/scripts/firewall-start*.sh); do echo $FWS; done
/opt/scripts/firewall-start
log.sh
/opt/scripts/firewall-start-adguardhome-tun0.sh
/opt/scripts/firewall-start-adguardhome.sh
/opt/scripts/firewall-start-bwusage.sh
/opt/scripts/firewall-start-bypassvpnports.sh
/opt/scripts/firewall-start-openvpnkillswitch.sh
/opt/scripts/firewall-start.sh

But those spaces also break the find piping into xargs....

So the temporary easy fix is:
\mv /opt/scripts/firewall-start.sh "/opt/scripts/firewall-start .sh"
Note the space before the dot... :confused:

Edit: Sorry, not funny! :oops:

Last edited:
Good point.

Solution:
Code:
IFS='\n'; for FWS in $(ls --color=never -1 /opt/scripts/firewall-start*.sh); do echo $FWS; done
-1 to force ls to use new lines between results
IFS to only separate where there is new lines

Your result should be:
Code:
/opt/scripts/firewall-start                                          log.sh
/opt/scripts/firewall-start-adguardhome-tun0.sh
/opt/scripts/firewall-start-bypassvpnports.sh
/opt/scripts/firewall-start-openvpnkillswitch.sh

well, I get this unexplainable result:
Code:
root@R7800:~$ IFS='\n'; for FWS in $(ls --color=never -1 /opt/scripts/firewall-start*.sh); do echo "$FWS"; done
/opt/scripts/firewall-start                                 log.sh
/opt/scripts/firewall-start-adguardhome-tu
0.sh
/opt/scripts/firewall-start-bypassvp
ports.sh
/opt/scripts/firewall-start-ope
vp
killswitch.sh

what does work for me is:
Code:
ls --color=never -1 /opt/scripts/firewall-start*.sh | while read -r FWS; do "$FWS"; done

I will still not use "ls":eek:... but maybe:
find /opt/scripts/ -type f -name "firewall-start*.sh" -exec test -x {} 2>/dev/null \; -print | sort | while IFS= read -r a; do "$a";done
:p

Last edited:
I installed 5.3b6 this morning (in lieu of 5.3b5). I found that once I rebooted, the Kamoj "Router Information" page reported that the 2.4Ghz WiFi channel was "off." I looked at "connected devices" and, in fact, it WAS off.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 5.3b6. Same.

I uninstalled 5.3b6, rebooted, and the 2.4Ghz channel was working again.

I reinstalled 5.3b6 and the 2.4Ghz was again "off."

So I uninstalled 5.3b6; did a factory reset of the router (using the NG firmware, as I don't have physical access); reconfigured the router (which is limited to turning off 20/40 on the 2.4Ghz channel and changing the name and password for the 5Ghz channel), and checked the 2.4Ghz WiFi channel (it is on).

I uninstalled 5.3b6, rebooted, and the 2.4Ghz channel is working again.

Any suggestions?

IFS= e.g. keeps lines beginning and ending with spaces... Do we have such filenames?
But it's best practice to use it of course!
Not sure the IFS= has any purpose, but that line works with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: KW.
Very good report, but I don't know the reason or what to do at the moment.
(My router R7800 is working as normal regarding wifi as well.)
Could you not turn wifi on with 5.3b6?
Is the wifi off in Netgear GUI? Did you try to turn it on?
Did you try to restore an old config backup?
What router and what firmware do you use?
I installed 5.3b6 this morning (in lieu of 5.3b5). I found that once I rebooted, the Kamoj "Router Information" page reported that the 2.4Ghz WiFi channel was "off." I looked at "connected devices" and, in fact, it WAS off.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 5.3b6. Same.

I uninstalled 5.3b6, rebooted, and the 2.4Ghz channel was working again.

So I uninstalled 5.3b6; did a factory reset of the router (using the NG firmware, as I don't have physical access); reconfigured the router (which is limited to turning off 20/40 on the 2.4Ghz channel and changing the name and password for the 5Ghz channel), and checked the 2.4Ghz WiFi channel (it is on).

I uninstalled 5.3b6, rebooted, and the 2.4Ghz channel is working again.

Any suggestions?

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.3b7
-------------------------------------------------
- OpenVPN Client: Added code for "Clear log-file"...
- OpenVPN Client: Added code for quicker stop failed login sessions when starting new
- OpenVPN Client: Don't kill process only based on PID, match it with process name
- net-wall Firewall: Changed for "Aegis" from @HELLO_wORLD to work with OpenVPN killswitch bypassing
- net-wall Firewall: Removed support for /root/firewall-start.sh

IFS= e.g. keeps lines beginning and ending with spaces... Do we have such filenames?
We don't have them, because you find "firewall-start*.sh" . If you'd find "firewall-start*" then you could have a file that ends with a space.

But even then: the read command only has one variable -> it reads the entire line into that variable. If you'd use read -r a b, then IFS would matter to determine which part goes into a and which part goes into b.

Fantastic work! I just have one major and serious complaint. I read your FAQ @kamoj (a very serious FAQ) and you estimate that your and Voxels wireguard setup and tweaks max out at 200Mbps. (To your defense you have inserted questions mark to that estimation).

I think it is wrong and your underestimate. Have had over 230 output and that is were my provider don't deliver more.

Maybe I should throw away some money to test your set up further, really tempted to do that so we can get rid of that question mark:). It's crazy how you have have optimized Wireguard.

Also my router works real good and evolves together with the addon. Have great control and love it.

Last edited:
Very good report, but I don't know the reason or what to do at the moment.
(My router R7800 is working as normal regarding wifi as well.)
Could you not turn wifi on with 5.3b6?
Is the wifi off in Netgear GUI? Did you try to turn it on?
Did you try to restore an old config backup?
What router and what firmware do you use?
My router is a R7800, and the firmware is Voxel 77SF.

No, I could not turn on 2.4GHz WiFi with 5.3b6. The "Router Status" page indicated that the "Wireless Settings (2.4GHz)" were on (and there was a green check mark). The text inside the box also indicated that the 2.4GHz was "on." However, the Kamoj add-on indicated that they weren't (and nothing appeared in "Attached Devices" for 2.4GHz, and I couldn't detect a 2.4GHz WiFi signal).

"Advanced Wireless Settings" also indicated that the 2.4GHz radio was on (but it wasn't).

I did not try to restore an old config. Frankly, given my history of problems with the Kamoj add-on, I wanted to try a factory reset to see whether it would help (it didn't; I still have disappearing check marks, and "show" buttons that don't show).

I'm so sorry for all your "history of problems".:(
Maybe this is not your thing.
You have too many problems, and I don't know why.
I suggest you wait for the add-on to become not-beta before you try again.
But I appreciate all reports you have given to warn other potential beta testers.
Stay safe!
PS
My "check marks" are blue so your computer/browser etc is really different from mine.
My router is a R7800, and the firmware is Voxel 77SF.

No, I could not turn on 2.4GHz WiFi with 5.3b6. The "Router Status" page indicated that the "Wireless Settings (2.4GHz)" were on (and there was a green check mark). The text inside the box also indicated that the 2.4GHz was "on." However, the Kamoj add-on indicated that they weren't (and nothing appeared in "Attached Devices" for 2.4GHz, and I couldn't detect a 2.4GHz WiFi signal).

"Advanced Wireless Settings" also indicated that the 2.4GHz radio was on (but it wasn't).

I did not try to restore an old config. Frankly, given my history of problems with the Kamoj add-on, I wanted to try a factory reset to see whether it would help (it didn't; I still have disappearing check marks, and "show" buttons that don't show).

Attachments

• The Green Checkmark.jpg
    The Green Checkmark.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 112
Ok for no ls, but this version does not catch symlinks of executables in /opt/scripts (because of -type f), and it skips checking /root/firewall start.sh if nothing is found in /opt/scripts like in @Voxel ’s.

What about that?
Code:
FWS_FOUND="$(find /opt/scripts/firewall-start*.sh | sort | while IFS= read -r FWS; do [ -x "$FWS" ] && { "$FWS">&3; echo 'y'; }; done)" 3>&1
[ -z $FWS_FOUND ] && [ -x /root/firewall-start.sh ] && /root/firewall-start.sh

The best would be to time different versions (find opt/scripts/ -name "firewall-start*.sh" vs find /opt/scripts/firewall-start*.sh) and (-exec test -x {} vs [ -x "$FWS" ] &&)

I will still not use "ls":eek:... but maybe:
find /opt/scripts/ -type f -name "firewall-start*.sh" -exec test -x {} 2>/null \; -print | sort | while IFS= read -r a; do "$a";done
:p

Fantastic work! I just have one major and serious complaint. I read your FAQ @kamoj (a very serious FAQ) and you estimate that your and Voxels wireguard setup and tweaks max out at 200Mbps. (To your defense you have inserted questions mark to that estimation).

I think it is wrong and your underestimate. Have had over 230 output and that is were my provider don't deliver more.

Maybe I should throw away some money to test your set up further, really tempted to do that so we can get rid of that question mark:). It's crazy how you have have optimized Wireguard.

Also my router works real good and evolves together with the addon. Have great control and love it.
Hi All,
is there anyone who could confirm WireGuard speeds greater than 200Mbps with Voxel's firmware and Kamoj add-on ?
I'm looking for a router whose firmware supports WireGuard client (with GUI)
I'm considering R7800 mainly because of the Voxel's firmware and Kamoj add-on.
My ISP speed is 400Mbps (down) and I know that WireGuard protocol can handle it without any problems.
Thanks

Last edited:
From the FAQ:

Q: Which is faster of the Wireguard and OpenVPN Clients?
A: Depends on the router:
R7800: OpenVPN Client max is about 120 Mbps
R9000: OpenVPN Client max is about 130 Mbps
R7800: Wireguard-go client max is about 70 Mbps
R9000: Wireguard Client max is about 230+ ? Mbps

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!