What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on 5.1 Beta testing poll

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you want to beta test Kamoj add-on v5.1b1?

• No, I don't trust 3rd party software

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't use the Voxel firmware

• No, I don't like your add-on

• Total voters
Hello

I've just tried to install Wireguard using the option in Kamoj's add in, but the install button is greyed out - I'm on version b9.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
jra505

Thank you! :)

You should know what DNS your internet provider have.
If these DNS shows up then you leak...

If you (only?) trust your VPN provider you "put all your eggs in one basket"...
Also it's probable that your DNS is slower through the VPN provider.
Have you tested speed of DNS requests?

Also by doing this you lose DNS for bypassed devices when your VPN errors.
I don't think that is what you want - if you use bypassing.

I don't want this thread to be the forum for misconceptions of what DNS leak is,
so I end this discussion here and now, and hope that next "DNS leak" discussion gets it's own thread!
We need such a thread! :cool:

@kamoj......its me that said that :cool:
I Always check for dns leaks with as many internet sites as I can.When I get the red box(s) with you might be leaking dns I dont know whether all the servers that are shown belong to my vpn supplier
only the one with my dns ip address.When I get green box from a few different sites Im satisfied no leaks. Never had a green box on dnscrypt or stubby.Always had green box on all sites using pia dns servers.express vpn mostly green boxes. Had same results using mullvad wireguard,stubby and dnscrypt

Reactions: KW.
If I remember correctly:
It's grayed out for R9000 and when Wireguard client is already started.

So it's probably a bug:oops:...
Try this:
Code:
nvram set kamoj_wireguard_client_disabled=1

Then install, reboot and toggle the Wiregurad Stop/start button...

Hello

I've just tried to install Wireguard using the option in Kamoj's add in, but the install button is greyed out - I'm on version b9.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
jra505

Last edited:
Hello Kamoj, can you send me latest addon's version please?

If I remember correctly:
It's grayed out for R9000 and when Wireguard client is already started.

So it's probably a bug:oops:...
Try this:
Code:
nvram set kamoj_wireguard_client_disabled=1

Then install, reboot and toggle the Wiregurad Stop/start button...

Yes that worked - thanks!

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.3b10
-------------------------------------------------
INFORMATION: I've not had much time to test this release, so be observant when testing!
Help each others as always.
- AdGuard Home: Restart AdGuard Home (if started) when restoring backup from USB. (@R. Gerrits)
- OpenVPN Client: Added: Checkbox to enable log to syslog
- OpenVPN Client: Disable firewall rules when client not started
- OpenVPN Client: Set bypassing devices default to pass killswitch
- Settings: Added Show irq
- Wireguard Client: Added: Checkbox to enable log to syslog
- Wireguard Client: Disable firewall rules when client not started
- Wireguard Client: Fixed: Install checkbox not selectable (R7800) (@jra505)
- Wireguard Client: Set bypassing devices default to pass killswitch
- FAQ.txt updated

hello,

i use latest voxel (v1.0.4.41HF) firmware and latest kamoj add-on (v5.3b10) at my r9000.

If i get a disconnect (24 hour disconnect from my internet service provider) my r9000 automatically trys to reconnect to the internet but for some reason the internet wont work for all my devices (even bypassing devices) until i reboot my r9000.

This issue only happens if i use wireguard, if i use openvpn the internet works great after disconnect.

Pinging 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 result in error.

hope this issue can be fixed in a future version.

Sure, just tell me what is wrong and I'll change it!
I dont have r9000 and no wireguard, so I can not help. :(
hello,

i use latest voxel (v1.0.4.41HF) firmware and latest kamoj add-on (v5.3b10) at my r9000.

If i get a disconnect (24 hour disconnect from my internet service provider) my r9000 automatically trys to reconnect to the internet but for some reason the internet wont work for all my devices (even bypassing devices) until i reboot my r9000.

This issue only happens if i use wireguard, if i use openvpn the internet works great after disconnect.

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.3b10
- OpenVPN Client: Set bypassing devices default to pass killswitch
I had an issue with this:
I had these nvram variables:
kamoj_bypassed_devices_pass_killswitch_wg_disable=1
kamoj_bypassed_devices_pass_killswitch_ovpn_disable=1

but in the gui, the option No Killswitch for Bypass devices still showed as enabled for OpenVPN (and I think it did show disabled for Wireguard).

I had to uncheck No Killswitch for Bypass devices for OVPN and re-check it again to clear the nvram variable for ovpn.
But if I then refresh the GUI, the check-box is gone again.
And if I re-check the box again, then the nvram variable is set to 1 again.

It looks like the GUI uses opposite logic for checking this variable.

(for Wireguard the logic does seem to work; if nvram variable isn't set, then the checkbox in the GUI is enabled)

@R.Gerrits: Thanks.

(R9000)
I ran also into disappearing Selections. When i use Chromium based Browser (Vivaldi in my case) it´s all good. Also at "Kamoj Menu" -> "Router Internals" do not show up in most Browsers.
On "Settings-" Page at "Congestion Control" it says "westwood". At "Router Information" it reports "yeah" If I choose "Voxel Default" marking jumps to "westwood". On "Router infomation" still "yea" -> Reboot, no change.
On "Hidden Menus" -> "QoS Setup" if i delete a Rule a page shows up with "o ocla".
Changes are made though. If i here change something or select "Set Up QoS Rule" a Page with a QoS Policy Table is shown. If i make changes here, i get a "400".

Last edited:
Oops, my fault:oops:, the GUI show opposite value.
I edited and saved the wrong addon_vpnclient.htm...
Thank you for heads up!:p

I had an issue with this:
I had these nvram variables:
kamoj_bypassed_devices_pass_killswitch_wg_disable=1
kamoj_bypassed_devices_pass_killswitch_ovpn_disable=1

but in the gui, the option No Killswitch for Bypass devices still showed as enabled for OpenVPN (and I think it did show disabled for Wireguard).

I had to uncheck No Killswitch for Bypass devices for OVPN and re-check it again to clear the nvram variable for ovpn.
But if I then refresh the GUI, the check-box is gone again.
And if I re-check the box again, then the nvram variable is set to 1 again.

It looks like the GUI uses opposite logic for checking this variable.

(for Wireguard the logic does seem to work; if nvram variable isn't set, then the checkbox in the GUI is enabled)

Last edited:
Maybe you can share the wireguard and dnscrypt (if you use it?!) and openvpn client logs when this happens.
Would be helpful.
And maybe for now, you can use a cron job to automatically reset you router ?
hello,

Hidden Menus are Netgear "Hidden Menus", still in Netgear code but not accessible from their GUI.
QoS settings/forms only work if you use the QoS.
On "Hidden Menus" -> "QoS Setup" if i delete a Rule a page shows up with "o ocla".
Changes are made though. If i here change something or select "Set Up QoS Rule" a Page with a QoS Policy Table is shown. If i make changes here, i get a "400"...

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.3b11
-------------------------------------------------
INFORMATION: I've not tested this release, so be observant when testing!
Help each others as always.
- OpenVPN Client: Fixed display of "No Killswitch for Bypass devices"

Kamoj-addon 5.3b10 seemed like killswitch/bypass wasn't working for OpenVPN (?). I had intermittent issues with losing "internet connection" on bypassed devices. When this happened, an existing connection like a download would finish but then the next download (DNS call?) would fail and give a no internet message.

Shutting off the OpenVPN killswitch fixed the problem. OpenVPN stayed connected the entire time and there was nothing in its log to indicate a problem. I will try 5.3b11 and see if I have the same issues.

Thanks,
BL

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!