What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on Beta testing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Oh, I found an extra character that should not be there...:oops: Must have been there for long time... o_O
Can you try this patch please:

Code:
sed -i "s/$'/'/g" /usr/bin/wifi_info_ip.sh

Tried the patch on both a b22 and a b23 installation.

On my R7800 running as router with b22, it still displays blank for WiFi info. I did not reboot as it is my main router.

On my R7800 running as AP with b23, after the patch and a reboot, WiFi info still only comes back with information on the 1st use, but blank with subsequent uses.

The attached screen snippet shows the requests from the Chrome browser, along with the sizes of the responses (697 bytes on first use, 96 bytes on second use).

The patch made the following couple of changes to the script (output from diff):

Code:
root@R7800:/usr/bin$ diff wifi_info_ip.sh wifi_info_ip.sh.bak
--- wifi_info_ip.sh     Tue Mar  9 19:48:53 2021
+++ wifi_info_ip.sh.bak Sun Mar  7 13:00:07 2021
@@ -37,7 +37,7 @@
          #echo "$manuf" | awk '{print $2}' && return
          m="$(echo "$manuf" | awk '{print $3}')"
          [ -z "$m" ] && echo "$manuf" | awk '{print $2}' && return
-         [ -n "$manuf" ] && echo "$manuf" | awk -F" " '{for(i=3;i<=NF;i++) printf $i" "; print ""}' | sed -e 's/[^[:print:]\t]//g' -e 's/[[:space:]]*$//' | cut -c 1-25 && return
+         [ -n "$manuf" ] && echo "$manuf" | awk -F" " '{for(i=3;i<=NF;i++) printf $i" "; print ""}' | sed -e $'s/[^[:print:]\t]//g' -e 's/[[:space:]]*$//' | cut -c 1-25 && return
       fi
    done
    echo "unlisted manufacturer"
@@ -73,7 +73,7 @@

THE_NAME="$(echo "$THE_NAME" | xargs)"
 #Remove bad characters and double spaces:
-THE_NAME="$(echo "$THE_NAME" | sed 's/[^[:print:]\t]/ /g' | tr -s " " | xargs)"
+THE_NAME="$(echo "$THE_NAME" | sed $'s/[^[:print:]\t]/ /g' | tr -s " " | xargs)"
 IP="$(grep -i "$MAC" /proc/net/arp | awk '{print $1}' | tail -1)"
 FIRST_SEEN="$(grep -i "$MAC" "$wlan_config_list" | awk '{print $15}' | tail -1)"

Attachments

• Kamoj-b23_WiFi_Info_w_sed_patch.JPG
    Kamoj-b23_WiFi_Info_w_sed_patch.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 89
Tried the patch on both a b22 and a b23 installation.

On my R7800 running as router with b22, it still displays blank for WiFi info. I did not reboot as it is my main router.

On my R7800 running as AP with b23, after the patch and a reboot, WiFi info still only comes back with information on the 1st use, but blank with subsequent uses.

The attached screen snippet shows the requests from the Chrome browser, along with the sizes of the responses (697 bytes on first use, 96 bytes on second use).

The patch made the following couple of changes to the script (output from diff):

Code:
root@R7800:/usr/bin$ diff wifi_info_ip.sh wifi_info_ip.sh.bak
--- wifi_info_ip.sh     Tue Mar  9 19:48:53 2021
+++ wifi_info_ip.sh.bak Sun Mar  7 13:00:07 2021
@@ -37,7 +37,7 @@
          #echo "$manuf" | awk '{print $2}' && return
          m="$(echo "$manuf" | awk '{print $3}')"
          [ -z "$m" ] && echo "$manuf" | awk '{print $2}' && return
-         [ -n "$manuf" ] && echo "$manuf" | awk -F" " '{for(i=3;i<=NF;i++) printf $i" "; print ""}' | sed -e 's/[^[:print:]\t]//g' -e 's/[[:space:]]*$//' | cut -c 1-25 && return
+         [ -n "$manuf" ] && echo "$manuf" | awk -F" " '{for(i=3;i<=NF;i++) printf $i" "; print ""}' | sed -e $'s/[^[:print:]\t]//g' -e 's/[[:space:]]*$//' | cut -c 1-25 && return
       fi
    done
    echo "unlisted manufacturer"
@@ -73,7 +73,7 @@

THE_NAME="$(echo "$THE_NAME" | xargs)"
#Remove bad characters and double spaces:
-THE_NAME="$(echo "$THE_NAME" | sed 's/[^[:print:]\t]/ /g' | tr -s " " | xargs)"
+THE_NAME="$(echo "$THE_NAME" | sed $'s/[^[:print:]\t]/ /g' | tr -s " " | xargs)"
IP="$(grep -i "$MAC" /proc/net/arp | awk '{print $1}' | tail -1)"
FIRST_SEEN="$(grep -i "$MAC" "$wlan_config_list" | awk '{print $15}' | tail -1)"
Yes, I understand. It's like I said in first answer: The web-server times out because there is no response for 3 seconds.
You can time the request and see for yourself:
Code:
time wifi_info_ip.sh

Yes, I understand. It's like I said in first answer: The web-server times out because there is no response for 3 seconds.
You can time the request and see for yourself:
Code:
time wifi_info_ip.sh

Understood. It takes about 5 seconds to run on my R7800.

root@R7800:~$ time wifi_info_ip.sh
real 0m 4.78s
user 0m 2.34s
sys 0m 0.53s

Is there a way for us to increase the timeout on the web server config? If not, I can just use the workaround of using a cron job.

Thanks again for looking into this.

i have erase and reinstall few version back and forth and get back to latest addon plus latest snapshot and remove dfs channel. it seems working now with high cpu usage:

View attachment 31400

about top: is not loading.
PS is showing this.

USER _ _ _ PID _ _ TIME %CPU %MEM _ _VSZ _ RSS TTY _ _ _STAT START _ TIME NLWP _ LWP PSR COMMAND
root _ _ _6293 _ _ _107 41.6 _6.7 _40216 32536 ? _ _ _ _RN _ 13:47 _ 1:47 _ _1 _6293 _ 1 /usr/sbin/minidlna -f /tmp/etc/minidlna.conf
root _ _ _7249 _ _ _ _0 _0.0 _0.2 _ 5668 _1440 ? _ _ _ _Sl _ 13:47 _ 0:00 _ _3 _7249 _ 0 /sbin/kwilt-index -d -p /var/run/kwilt-index.pid -V0
root _ _ _7249 _ _ _ _0 _0.0 _0.2 _ 5668 _1440 ? _ _ _ _Sl _ 13:47 _ 0:00 _ _3 _7252 _ 1 /sbin/kwilt-index -d -p /var/run/kwilt-index.pid -V0
root _ _ _7249 _ _ _ 21 _8.3 _0.2 _ 5668 _1440 ? _ _ _ _Sl _ 13:47 _ 0:21 _ _3 _7255 _ 1 /sbin/kwilt-index -d -p /var/run/kwilt-index.pid -V0
root _ _ _ _33 _ _ _ 10 _3.3 _0.0 _ _ _0 _ _ 0 ? _ _ _ _S _ _13:47 _ 0:10 _ _1 _ _33 _ 0 [kworker/0:1]

If imported to a different country than purchased how can I remove / change DFS channel to match local limitations ?

Understood. It takes about 5 seconds to run on my R7800.

root@R7800:~$ time wifi_info_ip.sh
real 0m 4.78s
user 0m 2.34s
sys 0m 0.53s

Is there a way for us to increase the timeout on the web server config? If not, I can just use the workaround of using a cron job.

Thanks again for looking into this.
It's not possible to change the timeout, unless @Voxel have some new ideas!?

You can try the Settings option: Output WiFi devices info to syslog when loading Router Information page
and then look in the systems log for the result.

But I still don't understand how it can take so long time.
If you have time, please run the contents of wifi_info_ip.sh statement by statement "by hand" to see where it slows down.

Also you can set "bash" debug mode by adding "set -x" in the wifi_info_ip.sh file.

Sorry for it not working for you.
I hope we can fix it with some more help.
This function is one of the oldest in the add-on and it could be better done, but not for now,
and not if we don't understand why.

How big is (bytes) the backup of your router config-file?

and I repeat:
"And what does System Information say at the same time? And the supervision log?"

Last edited:

You can try the Settings option: Output WiFi devices info to syslog when loading Router Information page
and then look in the systems log for the result.
This works. Thanks.

But I still don't understand how it can take so long time.
If you have time, please run the contents of wifi_info_ip.sh statement by statement "by hand" to see where it slows down.

Also you can set "bash" debug mode by adding "set -x" in the wifi_info_ip.sh file.
The output with "set -x" is attached.

Sorry for it not working for you.
No worries. There are other ways that you have provided in the add-on to get the info.

I hope we can fix it with some more help.
This function is one of the oldest in the add-on and it could be better done, but not for now,
and not if we don't understand why.
The length of time to process could also depend on the number of WiFi connections, which in my case can vary between zero and 40 wireless devices.

How big is (bytes) the backup of your router config-file?
The router (in AP mode) config backup file is 29.0 KB (29,780 bytes) in size.

All checkboxes under "Router Analytics / Data Collection / Phone Home" and "Set Programs & Services on / off" are checked.

and I repeat:
"And what does System Information say at the same time? And the supervision log?"
What should I be looking for in System Information? There are about 20 different things for which there is a Show button.

The Show button for Supervision displays this content (repeating every minute, I am including just 3 minutes' worth here):
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:13:13 69630.33 restart_supervision.sh 25292: openvpn_is_running: FAILED:ifconfig tun21:
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:13:13 69630.35 restart_supervision.sh 25292: INTERNET connection FAILED: Reboot is OFF.
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:13:13 69630.36 restart_supervision.sh 25292: OpenVPN client: tunneling FAILED: Restart is OFF
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:14:13 69690.33 restart_supervision.sh 27280: openvpn_is_running: FAILED:ifconfig tun21:
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:14:13 69690.34 restart_supervision.sh 27280: INTERNET connection FAILED: Reboot is OFF.
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:14:13 69690.35 restart_supervision.sh 27280: OpenVPN client: tunneling FAILED: Restart is OFF
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:15:13 69750.35 restart_supervision.sh 29043: openvpn_is_running: FAILED:ifconfig tun21:
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:15:13 69750.36 restart_supervision.sh 29043: INTERNET connection FAILED: Reboot is OFF.
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:15:13 69750.37 restart_supervision.sh 29043: OpenVPN client: tunneling FAILED: Restart is OFF

Please point me to more information about the Supervision feature in the add-on. Is it in the readme or FAQ? Thanks.

This works. Thanks.

The output with "set -x" is attached.

No worries. There are other ways that you have provided in the add-on to get the info.

The length of time to process could also depend on the number of WiFi connections, which in my case can vary between zero and 40 wireless devices.

The router (in AP mode) config backup file is 29.0 KB (29,780 bytes) in size.

All checkboxes under "Router Analytics / Data Collection / Phone Home" and "Set Programs & Services on / off" are checked.

What should I be looking for in System Information? There are about 20 different things for which there is a Show button.

The Show button for Supervision displays this content (repeating every minute, I am including just 3 minutes' worth here):
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:13:13 69630.33 restart_supervision.sh 25292: openvpn_is_running: FAILED:ifconfig tun21:
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:13:13 69630.35 restart_supervision.sh 25292: INTERNET connection FAILED: Reboot is OFF.
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:13:13 69630.36 restart_supervision.sh 25292: OpenVPN client: tunneling FAILED: Restart is OFF
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:14:13 69690.33 restart_supervision.sh 27280: openvpn_is_running: FAILED:ifconfig tun21:
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:14:13 69690.34 restart_supervision.sh 27280: INTERNET connection FAILED: Reboot is OFF.
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:14:13 69690.35 restart_supervision.sh 27280: OpenVPN client: tunneling FAILED: Restart is OFF
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:15:13 69750.35 restart_supervision.sh 29043: openvpn_is_running: FAILED:ifconfig tun21:
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:15:13 69750.36 restart_supervision.sh 29043: INTERNET connection FAILED: Reboot is OFF.
[SUPERVISION] 2021-03-10 15:15:13 69750.37 restart_supervision.sh 29043: OpenVPN client: tunneling FAILED: Restart is OFF

Please point me to more information about the Supervision feature in the add-on. Is it in the readme or FAQ? Thanks.
Your router/setup/config/network seems to have some big issues.
Sorry I don't know how to help you.

Is there a way for us to increase the timeout on the web server config?

It is very problematic for me to trace everything, sorry.

What timeout do you need to increase? There is for example /etc/config/uhttpd with:

. . .
# CGI/Lua timeout, if the called script does not
# write data within the given amount of seconds,
# the server will terminate the request with
# 504 Gateway Timeout response.
option script_timeout 60
. . .

There is /www/cgi-bin/uhttpd.sh which runs uhttpd with an option "-t 40" what means:

Usage: uhttpd -p [addr:]port [-h docroot]
-f Do not fork to background
-c file Configuration file, default is '/etc/httpd.conf'
-p [addr:]port Bind to specified address and port, multiple allowed
-s [addr:]port Like -p but provide HTTPS on this port
-C file ASN.1 server certificate file
-K file ASN.1 server private key file
-h directory Specify the document root, default is '.'
-E string Use given virtual URL as 404 error handler
-I string Use given filename as index page for directories
-S Do not follow symbolic links outside of the docroot
-D Do not allow directory listings, send 403 instead
-R Enable RFC1918 filter
-x string URL prefix for CGI handler, default is '/cgi-bin'
-i .ext=path Use interpreter at path for files with the given extension
-t seconds CGI and Lua script timeout in seconds, default is 60
-T seconds Network timeout in seconds, default is 30
-d string URL decode given string
-r string Specify basic auth realm
-m string MD5 crypt given string

Also there are codes of uhttpd https://github.com/SVoxel/R7800/tree/master/git_home/uhttpd.git with various setting for a timeouts...

Voxel.

Last edited:
Your router/setup/config/network seems to have some big issues.
Sorry I don't know how to help you.
No worries. There's no need for to spend more effort on this.

I appreciate all the information and functionality that your add-on provides, and make use of it on a regular basis. My R7800 devices have been much more stable and useful with Voxel firmware and your add-on, as compared to stock NG.

Thanks again.

No worries. There's no need for to spend more effort on this.

I appreciate all the information and functionality that your add-on provides, and make use of it on a regular basis. My R7800 devices have been much more stable and useful with Voxel firmware and your add-on, as compared to stock NG.

Thanks again.
I don’t get this 3 seconds timeout...
uhttpd timeout is more than that (as @Voxel’is pointing out), and when I was developing the aegis web GUI, I tested timeouts way longer than 3 seconds without errors.

uhttpd timeout is more than that (as @Voxel’is pointing out), and when I was developing the aegis web GUI, I tested timeouts way longer than 3 seconds without errors.

It seems to be a 3-second timeout imposed by the web browser for some reason. If the CGI script takes longer than 3 seconds to run to completion, then the web browser does not wait for the output to be completely generated. The web browser indicates "CAUTION: request is not finished yet!", as shown in the attached screen snippet.

Attachments

• Kamoj-b23_WiFi_Info_Browser_Caution.JPG
    Kamoj-b23_WiFi_Info_Browser_Caution.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 71
Well, I'm not very clever, and my knowledge about html/js etc is certainly less than average. :(
The 3 seconds timeout may be because of the net-cgi?

I would appreciate if you could help me/us some way, to make my awkward GUI constructions better!
Maybe you can PM some pointers or code example if you get the time to?

Well, I'm not very clever, and my knowledge about html/js etc is certainly less than average. :(
The 3 seconds timeout may be because of the net-cgi?

I would appreciate if you could help me/us some way, to make my awkward GUI constructions better!
Maybe you can PM some pointers or code example if you get the time to?
You are certainly clever!
Your addon is very rich in features and smart tricks.
You helped me and inspired me when I created and improved aegis.

Its GUI is nicely integrated with the default NG one.

And the result is very popular! People like and use your work and it helps many NG users to access power features they are not comfortable accessing themselves in command line and would require complex manipulations or solid knowledge in shell, Linux, networking
and specific setup of these particular routers.

Like me, you are developing for platforms you don’t own or have access to, and that is very tricky and sometimes difficult, yet you succeed.

I am happy to help you where I can, but you would need to give me specific points though.

About this 3 seconds, it is clearly not coming from a bad design from you, but a limitation on some NG code. Their net-cgi is a horrible black-box that we have to do reverse engineering or hack with more or less ugly tricks.
With aegis, I am barely using any native NG functions, and was able to create something as independent as possible.
However, by its very nature, for your addon, you have no choice but to deal and integrate with NG functions, and you are quite successful!
I am pretty sure that users here are understanding that what you do is very difficult and because of NG blackbox cannot be perfect.

For non developer users here, I will give an example of such a problem we developers are encountering:
In aegis log, I do name the LAN devices by their name when they are known. Netgear created some functions and binaries to retrieve that information using arp and netbios protocols. Their opaque net-cgi has a function that when called from a web page hosted in the router, is creating/refreshing the list of device names.
Well, doing so from the router itself (shell), should be easier (not dealing with http web server/client layer), but how it is yet to be found!
As a result, if you restart the router and use aegis log -show without ever opening the web (aegis or basic router GUI), it won’t show device names, as I have no clue on how to call NG cgi functions from router itself.
On the web GUI though, I can simply call a page with the net-cgi call to refresh and it works well. It is a hack, not too ugly, but works only from web.

About the 3 seconds thing:

It seems, as @n1llam1 pointed out, that this error is related to chrome

So the first questions are: is this problem reproductible? (by deliberately wait over 3 seconds if needed). Is it happening only on chrome or all browsers?

@kamoj mentioned that it is old code, so I suspect this problem is very rare (or most users would have experienced it by now).

About the 3 seconds thing:

It seems, as @n1llam1 pointed out, that this error is related to chrome

So the first questions are: is this problem reproductible? (by deliberately wait over 3 seconds if needed). Is it happening only on chrome or all browsers?
Yes, this behavior is reproducible. It is happening on IE 11, Firefox as well as on Chrome.

If the kamoj.cgi script is modified to sleep for 2 seconds (or less) before returning the output from the date command, all 3 browsers are able to receive the response, e.g. "Thu Mar 11 12:04:49 GMT 2021"

Code:
echo $(sleep 2; date)

If the kamoj.cgi script is modified to sleep for 3 seconds (or more) before returning the output from the date command, then all 3 browsers receive only the response headers, but not the response body. All browsers indicate "No response data available for this request." after 3 seconds has elapsed, with an HTTP status of 200.

Code:
echo $(sleep 3; date)

@kamoj mentioned that it is old code, so I suspect this problem is very rare (or most users would have experienced it by now).
Agreed, it's a curious issue that does not affect the vast majority of users.

You are certainly clever!
Your addon is very rich in features and smart tricks.
You helped me and inspired me when I created and improved aegis.

Its GUI is nicely integrated with the default NG one.

And the result is very popular! People like and use your work and it helps many NG users to access power features they are not comfortable accessing themselves in command line and would require complex manipulations or solid knowledge in shell, Linux, networking
and specific setup of these particular routers.

Like me, you are developing for platforms you don’t own or have access to, and that is very tricky and sometimes difficult, yet you succeed.

I am happy to help you where I can, but you would need to give me specific points though.

About this 3 seconds, it is clearly not coming from a bad design from you, but a limitation on some NG code. Their net-cgi is a horrible black-box that we have to do reverse engineering or hack with more or less ugly tricks.
With aegis, I am barely using any native NG functions, and was able to create something as independent as possible.
However, by its very nature, for your addon, you have no choice but to deal and integrate with NG functions, and you are quite successful!
I am pretty sure that users here are understanding that what you do is very difficult and because of NG blackbox cannot be perfect.

For non developer users here, I will give an example of such a problem we developers are encountering:
In aegis log, I do name the LAN devices by their name when they are known. Netgear created some functions and binaries to retrieve that information using arp and netbios protocols. Their opaque net-cgi has a function that when called from a web page hosted in the router, is creating/refreshing the list of device names.
Well, doing so from the router itself (shell), should be easier (not dealing with http web server/client layer), but how it is yet to be found!
@HELLO_wORLD,

I came across this command which might provide the information that you are referring to:

Code:
avahi-browse -at

I tried it on my R7800 and it generated output containing LAN device names.

Use the --help to see all the different available options:

Code:
root@R7800:/www/cgi-bin$ avahi-browse --help
avahi-browse [options] <service type>
avahi-browse [options] -a
avahi-browse [options] -D
avahi-browse [options] -b

-h --help            Show this help
    -V --version         Show version
    -D --browse-domains  Browse for browsing domains instead of services
    -a --all             Show all services, regardless of the type
    -d --domain=DOMAIN   The domain to browse in
    -v --verbose         Enable verbose mode
    -t --terminate       Terminate after dumping a more or less complete list
    -c --cache           Terminate after dumping all entries from the cache
    -l --ignore-local    Ignore local services
    -r --resolve         Resolve services found
    -f --no-fail         Don't fail if the daemon is not available
    -p --parsable        Output in parsable format
    -k --no-db-lookup    Don't lookup service types
    -b --dump-db         Dump service type database

I hope that helps.

BTW, many thanks for your work on Aegis.

As a result, if you restart the router and use aegis log -show without ever opening the web (aegis or basic router GUI), it won’t show device names, as I have no clue on how to call NG cgi functions from router itself.
On the web GUI though, I can simply call a page with the net-cgi call to refresh and it works well. It is a hack, not too ugly, but works only from web.

Yes, this behavior is reproducible. It is happening on IE 11, Firefox as well as on Chrome.

If the kamoj.cgi script is modified to sleep for 2 seconds (or less) before returning the output from the date command, all 3 browsers are able to receive the response, e.g. "Thu Mar 11 12:04:49 GMT 2021"

Code:
echo $(sleep 2; date)

If the kamoj.cgi script is modified to sleep for 3 seconds (or more) before returning the output from the date command, then all 3 browsers receive only the response headers, but not the response body. All browsers indicate "No response data available for this request." after 3 seconds has elapsed, with an HTTP status of 200.

Code:
echo $(sleep 3; date)

Agreed, it's a curious issue that does not affect the vast majority of users.
Interesting. Thank you for this detailed answer.

Seems to be on the JavaScript side then. After a little research, it appears that it needs to receive something before the 3 seconds. Can you try something like this:
Code:
echo "waiting..."; echo $(sleep 3; date)

About avahi, thank you, it is interesting, but not exactly what I am looking for. This is the zeroconf apple file protocol info on services available, I think it is called alongside smb.

I am looking to be able to call to net-scan to output its /tmp/netscan/attach_device (associating IP and device name) file from shell, or call net-cgi from shell and trigger its function (<% start_netscan() %>).
Spent hours in vain, as did other helpers in this forum.
net-cgi code is not open.

Interesting. Thank you for this detailed answer.

Seems to be on the JavaScript side then. After a little research, it appears that it needs to receive something before the 3 seconds. Can you try something like this:
Code:
echo "waiting..."; echo $(sleep 3; date)
Interestingly, the browser receives only the text "waiting..." (11 bytes) in the response and not the date information, as the response is cut off at 3.05 seconds.

About avahi, thank you, it is interesting, but not exactly what I am looking for. This is the zeroconf apple file protocol info on services available, I think it is called alongside smb.

I am looking to be able to call to net-scan to output its /tmp/netscan/attach_device (associating IP and device name) file from shell, or call net-cgi from shell and trigger its function (<% start_netscan() %>).
Spent hours in vain, as did other helpers in this forum.
net-cgi code is not open.

Interestingly, the browser receives only the text "waiting..." (11 bytes) in the response and not the date information, as the response is cut off at 3.05 seconds.
Interesting indeed...

What is the JavaScript ajax call function? The key must be there.

Interesting indeed...

What is the JavaScript ajax call function? The key must be there.

Please see attachment

Actually, I'm not able to attach a text file for some reason and this page errors out if I try to put the HTML and JavaScript code in the reply body.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!