What's new

Latest update 3.0.0.4.386_41249 USB Application Samba Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

drblack

Occasional Visitor
Found out another issue for the December firmware update:

My receiver can't access the shared Samba services through the USB Application. Same settings in the router, same folders, same permissions to the same user. In my network receiver, it no longer can find out the router USB application. What a disaster!

What is a 'network receiver'?

Found out another issue for the December firmware update:

My receiver can't access the shared Samba services through the USB Application. Same settings in the router, same folders, same permissions to the same user. In my network receiver, it no longer can find out the router USB application. What a disaster!

My solution was nvram clear.:mad:

Okay! An AVR with network capabilities. Got it!

Here is the update and temp solution:

Original my network receiver can connect to the home media center via Asus Samba service (I don't need to set up "media server path" in the router settings), now this original setup is not working. I made it work by setting up "media server path" and use the DLNA feature from my receiver, so I can see the media server path on my USB.

In the meanwhile, the receiver app on my iPhone can't any longer access my receiver through the home network. (it was 100% working before the firmware update)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!