What's new

Linksys PLTS200 and D-Link DWA-552

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

svocke

New Around Here
Linksys PLTE200 (powerline) and D-Link DWA-552 (wireless N) combined

Greetings and salutations!
I set up my Linksys Powerline adapter (PLTS200) to my computer in my bedroom and discovered that I was connected to both wired and wireless simultaneously (via the D-Link DWA-552). I have the D-Link DIR-655 (Rev. A2 with the latest firmware upgrade) in my living room connected to the Linksys PLTE200. I get between three and four (out of five) bars of signal strength via wireless but all the network traffic seems to go through my powerline adapter. Over the three days it has been hooked up, the powerline adapter has sent 109,464,910 bytes and received 1,166,295,369 bytes while the wireless connection has only sent 213,948 bytes and received 513,837 bytes. I have both a laptop and desktop with 11n. I have a Wii in the living room that uses 11b/g but i think I can just buy a wired usb network adapter if it will slow the network down. I might also have an old Linksys WRT54 router that can be used as an 11g access point as well.
Any idea how I should configure this to work? I have read several articles here that speak to using an 11n router and pairing it with an old 11g router as a access point but I haven't read much about combining powerline with 11n.
Thank you in advance!

Last edited: