What's new

Logitech Harmony Elite compatibility with ASUS AX routers / Wi-Fi 6

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sharkus

Occasional Visitor
Hello. I am considering upgrading to from my RT-AC88U to something newer, possibly an RT-AX88U Pro, or another AX router. I have a quick question in regards to wether my Logitech Harmony Elite hub would be able to connect to to the router. I think I'm correct in saying it does have a 2.4GHz band, which is what the hub is using right now on my current router, and for obvious reasons I don't want to upgrade if the harmony won't hook up to the new router. Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Well ... anything can happen, but I think it's highly unlikely that your hub could connect to an older ASUS router but not a newer one. This Logitech specs page confirms that the hub is 2.4GHz only, and fails to mention anything about WiFi generation but it's unlikely to be better than 802.11n. Really any router on the market should work with that, unless you do something silly like turn off the 2.4GHz band or disable wifi backwards-compatibility settings.

Also ... even if it didn't work, so what? AFAICS the only thing wifi on the hub would do for you is enable download of software updates. Is Logitech still issuing software updates for that thing? Even if so, how long do you think that'll continue?

Thank you for the reply.
I might be wrong but I think changing the configuration of your harmony setup, for example; adding a new device, changing existing settings, etc... needs to get to the hub, so that would likely not happen if it could not connect.

The remote does not have wifi at all, per this page, so communication between the remote and the hub depends only on I/R. So you should be able to accomplish any necessary reconfiguration without trouble. Although I don't see why you'd need to reconfigure anything; surely you'd set up the new router to broadcast the same SSID and password as the old one? If not, you'll be reconfiguring all your devices not just the Harmony.

The remote does not have wifi at all, per this page, so communication between the remote and the hub depends only on I/R. So you should be able to accomplish any necessary reconfiguration without trouble. Although I don't see why you'd need to reconfigure anything; surely you'd set up the new router to broadcast the same SSID and password as the old one? If not, you'll be reconfiguring all your devices not just the Harmony.

My guess is remote to hub is probably RF but without digging into it can't say for sure. That's how most of their setups work though.

I have an AX88U (non Pro) and a Logitech Harmony Elite connected and works just fine. I don’t see why the AX88U Pro would be any different.

I have an AX88U (non Pro) and a Logitech Harmony Elite connected and works just fine. I don’t see why the AX88U Pro would be any different.
I have the RT-AX88U Pro and mine connects just fine. In fact I had issues with my previous RT-AX86U node but not with the AX88U Pro. BTW the Harmony Hub is only 2.4Ghz WiFi as far as I know.

Yep. It is only 2.4GHz.

Thank you everyone for your responses, very much appreciated

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!